What i will be doing this weekend....its about time!!

So I have the engine in and all hooked up but not getting power to the car from the battery. I did have the wire that goes to the alt actually connected to the starter. I have since fixed that and found the ignition wire that should go to the started and connected that. I hooked the battery up to the car and a bit of smoke came from the starter area. I think I blew a fuseable link. This all happened when the wires were not connected correctly. The ignition wire was up against the exhaust and not connected to anything. Im thinking perhaps that helped short out something. I have all my engine grounds connected and all other connections are made. I also checked the fuses below the dash on the drivers side. Has anyone had a similar issue and figured it out, maybe it will save me some time searching. Anyway I have some photos of the engine in the car. I still have a lot of detailing to do, and I need to polish my intercooler pipes and some more chrome to be done. Right now Im mainly concerned with getting it started and break in the cam. I can work on everything else after.

Attachments

• DSC01424.JPG
    DSC01424.JPG
    142.9 KB · Views: 65
  • DSC01425.JPG
    DSC01425.JPG
    141.9 KB · Views: 62
  • DSC01426.JPG
    DSC01426.JPG
    146.3 KB · Views: 58