What holds our grills in place?

xXch0dyXx

Just got my car back from the paint shop, verrrry long story. My question is how does the grill stay in place, the shop that ended up painting the car did not take the parts off the car, so they didnt have everything to put it back together

Right now the grill is only held on my the top, so there is about a 1.5" gap at the bottom from teh grill to the bumper, and it looks like $hit. Just curious what brackets/screws hold the bottom of the grill in place. Pictures would help greatly.

Also, is there an easy place to order random body screws/fasteners other than the hardware store playing the guess and check game?

Thanks

Just got my car back from the paint shop, verrrry long story. My question is how does the grill stay in place, the shop that ended up painting the car did not take the parts off the car, so they didnt have everything to put it back together

Right now the grill is only held on my the top, so there is about a 1.5" gap at the bottom from teh grill to the bumper, and it looks like $hit. Just curious what brackets/screws hold the bottom of the grill in place. Pictures would help greatly.

Also, is there an easy place to order random body screws/fasteners other than the hardware store playing the guess and check game?

Thanks

Sounds like your missing the 2 springs that holds it in place

There should be a spring on each lower side that pulls it forward. I'm sure you can find a replacement at any autozone or lowes, but for the real deal I'd hollar at one of the guys parting cars out in the parts for sale forum.

any pics of exactly where they connect? I believe i saw one spring similar to that in a box of parts in my trunk. I havent gotten under the car to look yet, just got the car back.

Thanks for the help

connects from both sides of the grille in a notch and goes to holes in the bumper reinforcement. Sorry, don't have a pic.