What happened to my car???

bgndobe

86 GN
Sorry in advance for the long post...but something happen to my car and I'll try to give as much info as possible to help me diagnose it.
I store the car each winter. This was the third time taking it out this year. The other 2 times were just short rides around the subdivision. Today I was going to my mandatory emmissions testing so I put the catalytic converter back on (from Ramchargers..just like new).
The car was running beautifully....it was tuned up last fall by Bruce Alred in MI...and was running fine on this run as well. I gave it some gas from a stop and it went through th usual chirping/squealing from 2nd to 3rd. Then something happened.....I felt a loss of power (but didn't hear anything) and I look out the rearview mirror and see the biggest cloud of blue smoke I have ever seen. I wasn't far form home....and the car was still running-so I drove home. The car was running rough....like it had a miss or the timing was off. When I looked under the hood there was nothing out of the ordinary or disconnected. BUT...what I did see was a big oil spot on the hoodliner right above the passenger side valve cover breather gromet thing. It was clean oil with no wierd smell to it.
I felt like I was gonna throw up...so I left the car in the garage for 2 days...thinking I really broke something on my baby!! When I started it up 2 days later it started up right away. There was no blue/white/black smoke from the tailpipes. But the car still had a rough/miss to it. I didn't rev it at all 'cause I was afraid I'd do damage.
Any ideas out there?? If you need more info just ask and I'll try to answer it as best I can. Thank you very much in advance. Chris

Sounds like to much boost. Check it out with a good gauge and make sure you have no knock.

But first change your plugs to 1step colder than stock sounds like you had some detonation and toasted an electrode.

good luck post back your results

better now

Blown head gasket......big surprise huh! Fixed now with much thanks to local fellow GN owner George Brown.