What fuel pump ?

Tori

So if i swap to larger injectors,.... going from 30# to 40# and as far as i know right now i have a stock pump. I know i'll need an adjustable regulator, but what pump is everyone using ?

Also,... just to satisfy my curiosity, with a hot wire kit installed, what size injector would the stock pump be able to feed ?

Do you have a performance goal in mind? 12's, 11's, faster? Having a goal will help decide what parts to buy so you don't outgrow them in short order.

The stock pump was barely adequate for the stock injectors so it wouldn't be advisable to run larger injectors without upgrading the pump. By the way, if you change injectors you'll need to update your chip as well.

Many run Walbro pumps. Others have sworn off them because of problems (whether valid or not). I recently replaced my Walbro with a DeatschWerks DW200 for piece of mind because I run an ethanol blended fuel and the Walbro wasn't rated for it. FWIW, as far as I could tell the Walbro ran fine with the ethanol. Just wasn't confident in its longevity under those conditions. Again, it all goes back to establishing a goal (if possible) to help select the best parts that fits your needs, now and foreseeable future.

No real goal in mind, and i'm pretty sure the car will never see the track. Hell, i don't even know where it is now performance wise. Here's my current recipe, maybe you can tell me what kind of power it would make like this, or what kind of time frame that would amount to.
Stock motor, 30# injectors, 3" DP, cat delete, 3" MAF, CAI, translator, TT chip, running thru Flowmasters.

The 40# injectors are available to me at no cost, so that's why i'm starting with those.

Thanks for your input

When doing pump replace sending unit with new style. PM sent please read and reply

How old are the injectors? Reason I asked is that you said they were available at no cost. I'd feel more confident in going with a set of new 60# and a matching TT chip. It's not the cheapest alternative, but you know what you got. As far as the pump goes it needed a new one years ago, along with a hotwire kit.

I already have the Hot Wire kit. The injectors are coming from another GN friend that owes me $100 and this is how we are making it right. I'll spray test them beforehand to confirm they work properly.

Now, back to the original question, and why would i need to swap to a new style sending unit ?

IMO unless something is wrong with your sending unit, there is no need to replace it.

Last edited:
If you have a stock pump you should replace it before you do anything else. The pump will not hold up to even a better chip being put in the ECM. You will pop a headgasket for sure. The stock pump was a weak spot for any kind of upgrade. It simply will not flow enough fuel.

You can get the chip, injectors and fuel pump from Nick Micale on here or Eric at Turbotweak. If you do one thing at a time do the pump and hot wire upgrade first. Then you can do the chip upgrade and injectors.

Aeromotive 340 in tank pump and 60 lb injectors with a hot wire pump will work to 9.8's and beyond if you know what you are doing.

Tori , since you are going to have to reburn your chip for bigger injectors , ask Eric for the right fuel pump & regulator for your combo and get it all from him ( Eric @ Turbo Tweak ) , one stop shopping . Also check your fuel pump intermediate harness . That's the one from the Hotwire harness to the top of the tank with a yellow bulkhead connector on the tank side. This short 24" harness is not included with the main Hotwire kit that you already have . The factory intermediate harness is a choke point , smaller gauge wire than the rest of the the circuit . The yellow bulkhead connector is known for poor connections and often overlooked , I've had that connection go bad on 3 different cars !! Racetronix has a HD intermidate harness that solves this issue . ( G7 In-tank & Intermediate Harness Kit ). Good Luck , Sam

Is the fuel pump that Full Throttle carries for $125 recommended at all? Mid eleven car 42.5 lb injectors and single nozzle alky, thanks..

I believe that's a Walbro. I've run them with no problem but like anything else, opinions differ. They're not rated for E85 (far as I know) so if that's your fuel of choice you might want to consider another pump. I hear some have run them with E85 without issue though...