What exhaust are you using??

19TTA89

I know 8sec Pete!!!
the exhaust on my TTA has seen better days...I also dont like the fit of the THDP on the car...But thats another story...:wink:

What aftermarket exhaust are you using on your TTA?How do you like it?

Anyone have a exhaust they would like to sell?

Also,I may pull this downpipe off the car...Does anyone know of another option between the stocker(Which I dont have) And a 3"?Did any other company make a Downpipe for these cars?

Sorry for all the Questions...Just wondering what everyone else is running.

I have a Hooker cat back on one of my cars. I really do not like it. I ended up having a custom 3" SS cat back made for me with a Ultra Flow SS muffler using the stock tips. I paid $650 installed for that one. I would never buy the Hooker again. It is cheap though and works ok. But I like my custom one a lot better. Worth the extra $$ IMO.

the exhaust on my TTA has seen better days...I also dont like the fit of the THDP on the car...But thats another story...:wink:
What aftermarket exhaust are you using on your TTA?How do you like it?.

I ordered a 3" intermediate pipe from summit racing (I think it was either dynamax or walker). Hooked that to a magnaflow muffler with 3"in and dual 2 1/2 out. Used the stock tailpipes. I like the sound and flow. Would recommend it to anyone.

Did any other company make a Downpipe for these cars?

Jim Dunn has been selling his downpipes on turbotransam.com. I bought one last summer. I think any time you are trying to shove a 3" pipe through a 2" whole you will find challenges. I am not sure what your THDP is doing but probably just best off trying to fix the issues. ATR used to sell a 2 1/2" downpipe but it used the restrictive factory elbow. That THDP is tought to find now, make sure you think about it before you sell it.

Good Luck!

I ordered a 3" intermediate pipe from summit racing (I think it was either dynamax or walker). Hooked that to a magnaflow muffler with 3"in and dual 2 1/2 out. Used the stock tailpipes. I like the sound and flow. Would recommend it to anyone.

Jim Dunn has been selling his downpipes on turbotransam.com. I bought one last summer. I think any time you are trying to shove a 3" pipe through a 2" whole you will find challenges. I am not sure what your THDP is doing but probably just best off trying to fix the issues. ATR used to sell a 2 1/2" downpipe but it used the restrictive factory elbow. That THDP is tought to find now, make sure you think about it before you sell it.

Good Luck!

What size downpipe is Jim selling?And how much?...My pipe(flex connection) is pinned on the subframe connector...It also seems to be hitting on the header flange.The exhaust is hitting in several places under the car,It is an unknown 3" pipe with a 3" in and Single 3" out ultraflow muffler.I like the sound,Just want to get the exhaust issues straightened out on this thing...It's to the point where I hate driving it...I would go back to a stock setup if I had one.

One day i will get it back up on the lift...rip the entire exhaust/Downpipe off...And start over.

What size downpipe is Jim selling?And how much?...My pipe(flex connection) is pinned on the subframe connector...It also seems to be hitting on the header flange.
Jims pipes are 3". I think he has one for sale on turbotransam.com for $1000. There is also a Jim Dunn dowepipe on there that somebody polished then never used. I beleive he wants $850 for that one. I think $850 is actually a pretty good price for a polished one. They are stainless steel, lots of time goes into these. That also includes a test pipe with cutout. There is no flexpipe. Not cheap but you get what you pay for.

I ran a SLP cat back on mine. Really nice sound. 3" stainless to the muffler and dual 2.5" tips out the back. Bolted right in but I think its discontinued now. Might be able to get a SLP cat back off a 4th gen with the dual/dual so it'll look stock. The cat connection would have to be modified to fit but the rest should bolt right in.

The SLP for a 3rd gen is discontinued. I probably would have bought that one if it was available.

My THDP, needed some "help" , but it doesn't hit on anything and it a nice deal for me. have a elec test pipe in place of the convertor. Still stock intermediate pipe and muffler. i couldn't tell the differnece between 3" intermediate pipes and the stocker, the stock looks 3", but anyway, when I run it, I open the cutout. Actually the car still blows the tires off with the exhaust closed.
electricCutout.jpg

Someone was selling some ATR Pitbull mufflers a while back in the parts section. DO a search on them.

I have them on my car and they sound great. Not super loud but they sure let everyone know there is something different under the hood.:cool:

My 2 cents...

Shawn, If you bring me the car I will install a new 3" down pipe and it will not rattle or hit anything!
Perfect fit!
I may even have a stock one.

Steve Kaminski
(856)881-3235

The SLP for a 3rd gen is discontinued. I probably would have bought that one if it was available.
That's too bad. Maybe you can find one used. I found a pic of mine, some might not like it, but it was a great exhaust sound wise.

Attachments

• TTA_at_Indy2.jpg
    TTA_at_Indy2.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 162
Cool video! Nice install in that Firebird/TA ?!? Got any pics?
What kind of wastegate is that? Very cool ride!
What gauges do you have in your gauge pod?:D

All the pics/info is at the site in my sig.

Tial 50mm
Fuel Pressure and Boost