What ever happened to the Secret Service GN's?

EyesofThunder

I remember reading about the secret service GN's that had the speed limiter factory removed. Anyone ever find one, the PROM or anything else on them? I would love to find info on those cars and if they ever made it into the hands of the public.

I know that urban legend has it that several branches of government and law enforcement had turbobricks, but the only one that I know of that is documented and shows previous registration to any city, county, state, or federal use is something like 7 were ordered by either the state of kali or the city of San Francisco and one shows previous documentation to the City of San Francisco Kali pops up for sale every so often on TB.COM. Last saw the ad maybe about 1 year ago for sale up in I believe Nor Kal. Supposedly had verification of documentation and the infamous sticker on the dash glass lens.
Might want to do a search. HTH

They probably were sold as regular used cars once they took the twin turbos out of them.:D

Never heard about the secret service having them but do know for a fact they used the state cops in CT prowled the interstates with them back in the day. Used to strike fear in your heart when you saw one coming up in back of you. I swear people still slow down when they see me coming up on them in my GN.:)

You're right, Mark, I did forget about the CT state troopers. I know those were real.

Lots of states used them in the Northeast. There were also several in Pittsburgh PD.

heres an old pittsburgh car this one is know as vascar 3 he is a board member here! he bought the car at a auction years ago.not sure if u can see in the pic but to this day car still has extra circle brake light in rear deck!!

100_0611_00.jpg

it was the FBI that was using them as chase cars. seen one back in the day in downtown chicago outside the fed building going thru a redlight w/ lihgts flashing just hasing the tires. badass rides they were. my bet alot of those cars were snatched up by the feds that drovem. they were used by the FBI i believe exclusivly.

Think I have a book with detailed info on the cars and it was the FBI that used them.
Think the were brown or green and had the speed limiter removed, braces welded in the rear seat as the GNX.

I remember one several years back that came up for auction and the front was banged up from the PM failing and crashing. Someone bought it and restored it. had holes drilled from the radios and plate mounted somewhere from the pursuit light

I bought this shirt with the FBI pursuit cars from Kirban about 20 years ago!
Paul

Attachments

• FBIshirt.jpg
    FBIshirt.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 343
I was working at a shop in the late 80's and there was a shady restaurant next door that was under surveilance by what we figured had to be the DEA. All of the sudden there were about 6 to 8 newer performance cars hanging out in the parking lot across the street and the drivers were obviously trying to pass as a loitering bunch of car guys. I remember a TR, 442, 2 Mustangs, a Firebird and some others. VA state police had a few, I remember seeing one that got t-boned in a persuit at an impound lot.

So I'm watching TV many years ago and on comes the dumbass show where Joan Lunden goes out and makes money doing things the average Joe can't. Like take a ride in a RC-135 over Iraq or ride shotgun in a U-2. In this particular episode she was at the Treasurary Dept boot camp near Quantico. In it they teach agents how to protect the Prez by driving the limos and support Suburbans really fast. Scarey Fast. And the chase cars were 4th gen Z/28s. The agents had to master boot leggers and driving at triple digit speeds. I wouldn't be surprised if every fast car made in Detriot wasn't in the fleet of every agency at one time or another. No special codes on the FBI T-Types so who knows? Right now there is a 91 B4C Camaro on eBay with the documents to prove it was delivered to the FBI in 1991. If the SS was using 4th gen Camaros than you know they also had some 3rd gens which also means they could have had some TR's too.

In Canada, All Drug cars and Federal stuff goes through a leasing company.

The police are never listed in the Title.

Which is most likely the case in the federal chase cars and DEA rides.

I actually heard a funny storey about Drug cops Leasing a Stolen SUV :biggrin:

heres an old pittsburgh car this one is know as vascar 3 he is a board member here! he bought the car at a auction years ago.not sure if u can see in the pic but to this day car still has extra circle brake light in rear deck!!

100_0611_00.jpg

I believe the guy's name is Doug. I've only met him once or twice. He lives south of Pittsburgh. I think he said that it's one of two Pittsburgh Turbo Regals.

100_0611_00.jpg

Whats is that a pile of bones in the left hand side of the pic??

I have one of those ultra rare twin turbo Secret Service cars!!! I bought it on E-bay from a former Secret Service agent. He said it is authentic. (why would a gov't official lie?) It has the special high speed chip, and the two extra cylinders in the trunk, along with MP-5 guns (ok he kept the machine guns, but the everage Joe doesn't know that, so they get out of my way.) It has a top speed of 173 mph! I have verified this. (after a few shots of whiskey, it really FELT like 173 mph, and that was in a 7-11 parking lot!!!) The one I have is the total top secret version built by the world famous car builder, "Grandpa Munster" He REALLY knew how to fit things under the hood. It use to have the JATO rocket option, but we all know they only work on 67 Chevy's.
Here it is: http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/general-turbo-buick-tech/221466-new-twin-turbo-headers.html

No......this ISN'T really a FBI/SS car. It IS a labor of love, though. (that's what I keep telling myself anyway. Maybe someday I will begin to BELIEVE it though.;)