What does it take to run 11's

1984 t-type

Murphy's Law
Looking to buy me another t type or grand national and helping my friend with his bone stock 86 national at the same time and we are both looking for pretty much the same goal a low 11's street car. So what all does it take, what's the updated version or the turbo buick recipe for 2014 ? I have my eyes on a couple cheap hot air cars but will be converting over to the 86/87 setup so IM me if you have one for sale.

Spring cleaning - never goes out of date.
Tires, tires, tires
Step up to a 60 series turbo
60 lb/hr injectors and matching chip.
3000+ stall converter.
Alky
Maf translator
Scan tool for dialing it in.
A transmission that can take the hit.
65 degree day and the wind at your back :)

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Never took my car to the track but sounds close to my old setup, any specific turbos come to mind ? My last setup was just based on used parts I ran across but I'm trying to get a complete parts list for my friend since he's new to these cars and looking to buy new parts.

Notacarlo summed it up pretty well, there's no need to drop a fortune to run 11's. Are you close to sea level? That helps as well. I put nearly 50k miles on mine with the boost over 25# thanks to alky. At 157k it needed work, but the pistons/cylinders were still in great shape. Try and find used parts there are some great deals on parts with low mileage, search for project rust bucket. Guy put on used parts and got into the 10's with stock heads/cam. Biggest thing is read up on tuning. You can spend a fortune and run high 12's or know your car/tuning and run low 11's with less cool guy parts (who used to say that?? Grumpy??)

Equivalent to a GT6131e, but that's an older turbo. Not sure what the new better stuff is, but that turbo would suck you to a high 10. Full Throttle has a crap ton of 60 series. That's where I got mine.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app