What do you think will happen?

DOUNVME

IHUNTV8S
While looking around on the board tonight, I hear this faint sound of a blow off valve on the highway. Now, let me start by saying I live in a one red light down in south GA. The baddest car here is any one with the freshest tuneup and a set of flowmasters. I NEVER drive my car here, however, I do buy/sell/trade other "badass" cars. Whenever someone thinks they have a bad car, they come to see me and want to race something that I have. The front of my house is a drag way. Anyway, back to the story. I hear this sound, I think it is a bike. NO ONE hear has a bike. I look out the window and there is a Supra, revving in the highway in front of my house. I go outside, this kid pulls in. I know him locally. He is a very poor kid. His family lives in a $900 single wide. He gets this big check from someone who died, and buys a 97 Supra with a single turbo. It has everything FMIC, Turbo Timer, Apex controller, but he is on street tires. We go for a ride. It feels quick. I say, let me drive. It moves, but just something about it doesn't impress me. I don't have anything else at the moment to try him in, so I tell him to let me get the GN out. No one here knows anything about a GN, but they all know if I have it, and I never drive it, it must be something. He agrees to come by tomorrow and I agree to get it on film. This kid knows NOTHING about cars, how to drive, nothing.

Do you think I will take him? I feel pretty comfortable. I have Nitto DR's, fresh rebuild with JE forged pistons, stock rebuilt turbo, Champion Racing Head competition valve job, RJC bullet proof head gasket set, AD power plate, 3" down pipe, dual elec. fans, Walboro 255lph fuel pump and Cotton's single shot exhaust with a test pipe.

I have dug out all of my receipts to double check everything. I have butterflies in my stomach. Should I be scared?? The reputation of my GN is on the line.... :confused:

BTW, it is an 86.

i dont know...... - u have a stock turbo - against a modded supra -single turbo - Are you spraying alky? Are you running race gas? How much boost are you running? Top end - i'm sorry but i think he will own you. JMO. be careful.... u said u havent driven your car in a long while.... memories could be deceiving. :eek:

Single turbo Supra's are just about the only cars that make me nervous. Go from a dig and you should easily win assuming your car is tuned and your running 20# of boost. I have seen several Supras running high 120's in the 1/4 but their et's are in the 13's!
From a roll, a single turbo Supra would be a very tough nut to crack and something that I wouldn't attempt.

Id say go from a dig, and make sure you get out on him a couple of cars, then shut down around 80-90mph because around that time he should be hooking up and pulling on you. Modded Supras are serious but on street tires, you should be able to take him out of the hole pretty hard.

Dont do it until you upgrade the turbo! I got owned by one but I will have my revenge. you will win from a dig but from a roll they are FAST!

Results are IN!!!

For the first 4 passes, I KILLED HIM!!!!!!!! 10 car lengths or greater!!!!!

Then, I showed him how to launch his car at @3500 rpms, off the line, I got him by 6-7 cars, I outrun him until we hit 116-117 mph. Then, he would come by me like I was sitting still.

I can take him in the quarter at a track. I have a lot of respect for that car, and he has a LOT of respect for mine. He said he had no idea these cars were that fast. We ended up making like 10 passes. The last 3, I started spinning and I checked my rear tires only to see they are now onion skins, so, new Nitto DR's to come. I have an alky kit inline for the future. I am going to help him tune his because he is running really rich. I bought a GTech Meter. It has yet to arrive. I also have the Scanmaster II in my GN.

More details as it "unfolds"!

I meant to tell you guys, that you were exactly right. From a dig I have him all day long. At about 90 mph was when I could see him gaining in the rearview. Like I was saying, it was about 116-117 when he finally caught me and he was saying he was running about 125-126 when he passed me. He was running street tires, and he did very good on them. He has Greddy turbo gauge and I don't think it is hooked up correct because I couldn't read boost on it, only vacuum. I know he is boosting b/c I could hear his BOV.

Sorry, I am just excited about my kill. None of the others really mattered much. I know he will be dangerous once he has some seat time. Kinda makes me want to tag and insure the GN so I can drive it more....
Check out the cars here...

100_07781.jpg

Yeah the Supras Make me a little nervous too

But I will see who is King one Day. I used to be worried about EVO's and New GTO's, and Supras. I found out the EVOS arent as fast as I thought, Walked one on the freeway. My buddie beat a GTO in his Turbo T, and I have seen two Supras riding along the side of me on the freeway, but its like we both didnt want to really to find out that moment, Kind of a respect thing.
Not anymore, Im willing to take that loss if it happens, especially now that you say what I will have to worry about after the long run.
The GN Looks good and the Supra does too. Thats cool that you guys arent enemies and he let you drive his car.

That Supra looks riceriffic. Those cars are strong, but everyone I've ever ridden in or driven had a hard time hooking.

South Georgia where at ??? me, itsav6, morkie, and several others are down here to!!! Around the tifton area and strung out thur several towns Daniel