What do you think about Mustangs????

Originally posted by cturboaddict
I was considering buying a Mustang for another project car~ what are your opinions on them?

Im not talking about a new one with the different motor, im talking about an 87-93 mustang with the 5.0?

I like 'em! :cool:

Mustangs like those are easy to turn into a pretty quick cars.......But to me, that's the only good thing I can say about them......

Dime a Dozen and boring to me, don't care how fast it is.My roommate has one w/a supercharger on it and it goes pretty good(7.98 1/8th mile), but it just seems cheaply made and DULL DULL DULL!

To each his own though.;)

Originally posted by salvageV6
Pretty much all Fords are "project cars." :p

Buy a T.R. and be happy and cool. :) :cool:
I had half of a turbo regal, and ended up putting alot of money into it! It was fun though~ And one hell of a snappy work truck! Surprised everyone!

Originally posted by Gn-ing
sorry for the double post...not sure how that happened...
I have the KB1500 supercharger,it's the base unit,for 5-10 lbs boost.. i used 30 lb injectors and a pro-m mass air unit,it's turned it into a 12 sec car,from a 14.6 car.the power is awsome,,,.there are several boards like this one for mustang,corral.net,is a good one..lots of info,plus 3 major monthly magazines about 5.0 and 4.6's..

Are you running the Pro-M bullet meter or the larger 80mm? I have the same set-up as you but with a C&L 73 mm mass air, and I'm not happy with the driveability, thinking of converting to a Pro-M. And yes I'm a big fan of Mustangs.

i know the 80mm meter is awsome with the KB! The KB works great with NO inlet restrictions (as most boosted cars are)!

Thats a very small meter to be blown on! My car is sporting juice now, so we can call it NA! But i run a 76mm C&L. Ive alot of crap about the C&Ls and ive heard alot of good about the Pro Ms! But the KB im getting already comes with the 80mm meter!;)

I like them. As a matter of fact, I almost bought one before I got the GN. I always wanted a blue coupe with gray interior, 5spd, GT nose, black Enki (GNX) wheels and a small wing on the back with tinted windows. I always liked the coupes better than the hatchbacks. :)

I'm a fan of the "dime a dozen" opinion myself, but far as it goes if it's fast it's cool. If you do go with boost, above 450 hp is crossing a line from what I understand, if you go past that your block may split longways (no kidding) There's some stuff on turbomustangs.com about it. I think it's rather neat personally, not every day you get to see raw power in action =)

yes, ive read the "stock block chronicles"! If anyone is local to NJ and wants to hang at atco this upcoming fri. ILL BE THERE~!

as much as i don't like that 4 letter f word, i do like mustangs. but i'd never own one.

sure there nice looking cars, there affordable, there's tons of parts out there for them, everything abuot them is mainly good. but drive down the road and count them. there are more mustangs around here than anyother car, aside from maybe some trucks. now drive around and look for gn's, get my point. I like having a car everyone doesn't see every day. to make a mustang stand out your looking at a ton of money and time. i've seen a few that are very nice and great cars, but they still look like every other mustang.

I've got a Vortech supercharged 87 Mustang Notch 5 speed. Real fun car. Parts are decent priced, but thanks to the popularity of the Stang, parts can be had for dirt cheap used. I bought my A-Trim Vortech for next to nothing, full kit plus injectors and mass air. Car is stock except for Vortech, 36# Injectors, calibrated mass air, and 255 Walbro pump. Mod's to Vortech are a smaller pulley for 10# (So I was told when I bought it but have seen 12#) and 8 rib pulley's/belt. Still runs strong and fast as hell. Never run it before but i'd expect a high 12 at least.

They are good cars. A bit loud. It comes down to what floats your boat. They aren't my flavor but I think they are impressive machines...

FOR ME TO POOP ON!

(just kidding, had to say that):D

Well lets see

I've owned these:

2 - 1986 Mustang Gt
1 - 1989 Mustang LX Coupe - Wish I never sold it:(
1 - 1992 Mustang LX Coupe

And looking into buying a 90 LX Roller/Race Ready pretty soon, hello Hybrid... To be continued!

I try to keep an open mind. I've got no problem with them, as long as they are done tastefully. There's some really nice looking ones, and then there are rags. No different than any other kind of car. I personally wouldn't buy one though. I'd much rather have a Camaro. :cool:

My GN hates them but still thinks they are tasty. :D

Steve