What do you guys recommend?

For 14k you'll be able to find a really good car with mods and be into 11s without breaking the bank

I couldn't agree more. For that money you can afford to be picky. You should have no problem finding the car you want. Ie: beautiful paint and interior and a motor and trans with all the goodies.

the only thing is, a lot of the nice cars are in BFE..lol... i only found one nice one in florida. but atleast ill have the money in hand, hopefully i can snag that one that is on here for 13K+....

i do have to say you guys have been cool with all of this advice, i was on a mustang cobra forum when i owned my 04 s/c cobra and ill tell ya they were a-holes..lol..so thanks again guys for the advice..... and i will take more of it if you are willing to give it.

IMHO.....stay away from t-tops or sunroofs. They considerably weaken a car..... and most usually leak..... and has a much higher chance of rust in that area.

This particular car appears to be bone stock. It will cost several thousand to get it in the 10's.

IMHO..... look elswhere for a 10 sec car in the 14k range. Don't get in a hurry in your quest..... you'll likely regret it.

OK cool...yeah im not a fan of t-tops but i fig. id ask.... ill take my time until the good one comes. how does a bone stock one for 10k sound? that is the one im looking at this sunday.

i also think im going to stay in the 11. sec. range for now. 10.'s might be a problem later on... so 11's it is..lol

just remember

any one part you buy will take five more to make it work. bolt ons really are not bolt ons ..:)

OK cool...yeah im not a fan of t-tops but i fig. id ask.... ill take my time until the good one comes. how does a bone stock one for 10k sound? that is the one im looking at this sunday.

If it is pretty clean.... and no rust...... and doesn't have a buttload of miles.... it is probably worth it. People that have owned or looked at rusty GN's might chime in..... but the bottoms of the doors.... the trunk lid area..... bottoms of the quarter panels..... are all notorious for being where the rust attacks on these cars.

My first main mods would be:

Valvesprings
Fuel Pump w/hotwire kit
60# Injectors
Alkycontrol Alky kit
TurboTweak SpeedDensity wideband Alky chip for the 60's
3" Downpipe
Hooker cat back exhaust
Powerlogger and scanmaster
Wideband O2
275/60/15 MT Drag Radials or Hooser Drag Radials

Get that going.... you should be able to go low to mid 12's fairly easy around 21 psi boost even with the stock turbo.... on pump gas. You will have loads of fun at this level.

After you get used to that..... depending on budget..... you can choose a turbo/converter that will meet your needs.

Low budget would be a TE44 on a 3000 converter. This should put you deep into the 11's on pump gas and alky.... on 25-27 psi on reasonable timing.

By this point.... you will have if you haven't already.... smoked the stock tranny..... so plan on $2500 or so for a (most available billet parts) mid 10 sec 2004R buildup.....from somebody reputable. Don't skimp here.

I hope I didn't lay too much out there for you to think about....

Hope that helps.

thanks blazer....!! that first set up below that you spoke about. how much would that run? just asking.

Valvesprings
Fuel Pump w/hotwire kit
60# Injectors
Alkycontrol Alky kit
3" Downpipe
Hooker cat back exhaust
Wideband O2

thanks blazer....!! that first set up below that you spoke about. how much would that run? just asking.

Rough shoot from the hip numbers:

Valvesprings - $50
Fuel Pump w/hotwire kit - supposedly there is a new aeromotive intank pump out. I would get it. Supposed to be around $150 or so? Hotwire kit is around $60.
60# Injectors - $300
Alkycontrol Alky kit - $500
TurboTweak SpeedDensity wideband Alky chip for the 60's $190
3" Downpipe - $300 used
Hooker cat back exhaust $250 or so
Powerlogger and scanmaster - $500 or so for both (total)
Wideband O2 ($200 or so)
275/60/15 MT Drag Radials or Hooser Drag Radials - $250 or so

See edits above. Ballpark pricing.

With what Blazer posted you should be into the 11.5 or so it all has to do with tuning at that point or if your like me who can't launch the car you'll do 12.5 or worse even with the mods. But i can't complain mine didn't even run when i got it

With what Blazer posted you should be into the 11.5 or so it all has to do with tuning at that point or if your like me who can't launch the car you'll do 12.5 or worse even with the mods. But i can't complain mine didn't even run when i got it

aint that the truth?! i always say you wanna run 11.5? put a 14sec driver in 10 sec car!:biggrin:

Valvesprings
Fuel Pump w/hotwire kit
60# Injectors
Alkycontrol Alky kit
3" Downpipe
Hooker cat back exhaust
Wideband O2

my buddy just bought a car with almost those exact mods that went 11.90s on a stock turbo