What do you do for a living?

PHD:eek: I knew TR owners were smart but....:biggrin: That is cool though!

Back to Phil's question, I have a BS in Poli Sci. That is an oxy moroon:D

Poly Sci? fag.

The reason I asked was because I am graduating in May and have no idea what to do...

My BS is in...... Poly Sci..... eventually I would like to get into politics. But no one elects 22/23 year olds and I need to make some serious cash to even think about living in Orange County.

I want to work for myself, and for some strange reason becoming a business broker sounds interesting to me.... Low start up cost is a plus among other things. Any ideas for my future SGrim? You have your sh*t together.

I am a software Quality Assurance Engineer working with digital imaging applications. I have been doing this for five years and enjoy it so much I will most likely be doing this until I retire or die.

I teach French in high school- - - for three more weeks only, thank God - and SAT and LSAT prep courses. Headed to law school in the fall.

How many of you graduated from a 4 year college or University?
If so, a degree in what?

Not to be rude, but it appears that the majority besides Sgrim and a couple others have "bue collar" jobs.

Director of Plant Operations: healthcare
BA Sociology 1993

Electrician

went to technical sclool (East Central Tech) changed the name the yr i graduated & left to (East Central Technical College,)

in" Industrial Maintenance Technology" gaduated with 3.9GPA
Im an Electrician/Fixer just promoted to head electrician & im terrified because i dont know that much but the plants still running LOL im more of a trouble shooter i think.:redface: Im def. not the best but im all they got.:biggrin:

Have a BS in Psychology and a Master's in Counseling and Human Development. Worked in the State Mental Health field as a psychiatric social worker for a few years (5) but last 23 have been in State Government as Child Health Coordinator for Regional Public Health. Manage/ supervise a unit and work grants/ contracts/ deliverables behind the scenes. Hopefully 7 more and I can draw full retirement benefits.

I work on aerial equipment for the largest rental company in north america.

United Rentals

Basically when the machines break down or have major issues, they get shipped into our store so we can fix em up, plus i have to work on the equipment that we rent out every day. Its a fast pace job, there is always something different to do, and the job pays very well. We are non union.

About 2 years ago our store split up, and now all we rent is aerial equipment, no more excavators and scrapmasters :smile:

The store i work at has 20 million dollars of equipment, right now there are 3 shop guys and 2 field guys....

I am 31 and have been with this company for 10 years this July 2 2007, thats when i start my 4 week vacation. Even thou i stretch my 3 weeks into 5 weeks right now:cool:

Been itching to start my own business....

BW

Went to DeVry and got an associates in electronics and computer technology. 3.79 GPA. I also have an associates in business from Robert Morris College right after high school. I didn't know what I wanted to do yet, so I figured a business degree wouldn't hurt me. I am pretty convinced I got my job by who I knew and not what I knew. You'd be amazed how much networking plays a part.

I work at K smith contracting, basically clean out repoed houses, mow and plow. But usually just involves eating and driving around. I work about 80 hours a week because of others misfortunes. What makes it nice is my boss is a pretty cool guy and a cop, nothing like telling a cop to kiss your a$$ and not getting in trouble. He also has a c6 and got word of my car, he even wants to line them up

I am an Electrician at a Diamond Mine in the Canadian Arctic.
The picture is of my home for 2 weeks of every month.

Attachments

• camp1.jpg
    camp1.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 268
New to the board, but not new to fast cars....

Currently I am RETIRED, and plan to stay that way! Had one year of pre-Med, was drafted in 1966, got back in 1968 worked as a swithchman for Ma Bell, a NYC police officer, a coin, stamp, antiques and collectible dealer, a gold and silver refiner back in 79-82 with the first gold rush, and a diecast car dealer for Franklin and Danbury Mints! Must say I enjoyed most of these! I'm an old timer (60) and have had many cars over the last 45 years. I had bought my GN new in 1987 and immediately started racing it in Bklyn. NY. I'm intimately familiar with Job Spetter Sr. of Turbo People and Kenny Duttweiler (built 2 engines for me). At one time I kept a list of the fastest GN's in the country for the GSCA. In 1991 got my single turbo car into the 10.40's at 130. Unfortunately SOLD the car about 5 years ago due to family health reasons and lack of time. WORST mistake I ever made. LOVED that car and the IEATV8S was the plate on it. :frown:
I still have a 1973 custom Corvette with a Gale Banks twin turbo motor in it that was built 25 years ago. Been sitting in the garage for the last 6 years, but had run 10.86 at 138 at Englishtown back in 1985. I had been undecided which car to sell, but the Corvette has been with me so long, I just had to keep it! Plan to give it to my grandson IF he gets into cars (he's 10 now). Enjoy this site and wish you all well. Remember cubic money ALWAYS beats cubic inches!:)

Roy Rauch

I'm a CNC service technician ( computer numerical controlled machining centers). I also do complete plant maintenance, mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, welding, plumbing. I'm currently a commercial electrician doing new construction. I've been trying to find a maintanance job that pays good but every time I find one in the paper it's on the other side of town. I've got my sights set on Intel, Sub fab tech. So if any of you guys work at Intel, put in a good word for me. :D
Tarey D.

I Work In Las Vegas For Our Local Natural Gas Company ,i Do Live Gas Control,meaning When Some Knucklehead Contractor Breaks A Gas Line ,i Get Suited Up In A Fire Suit And Jump In And Supress The Gas Leak ,i Love This Job Its A Kick In The A$$ , Scares The Sh.t Out Of Most People .

what i do

FT i work as a ford service tech . my list of things i do tranmission repair
engine repair ,eletrical ,driveability( i stay away from diesels)

PT i rebuild transmissions for the local Taxi companies in Des moines for the last 4yrs

seasonal :push snow as a subcontracort for a landscape company

PT i do side jobs out of the back of the ford dealer i work at and for other auto shops in Des moines

i do all that and still fill like im broke
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

White collar upper management guy @ a Fortune 500 company responsible for sell-side contract compliance.

Spent 15 years in the medical device/pharma industry doing same thing before moving to current company a year ago.

Was a volunteer firefighter/instructor for 16 years, EMT for a couple in there too...even had a Class B explosives license for pyrotechnics (fireworks) shows that I used to do throughout CT for 10+ years.

Would much rather be playing with cars or working on the house/outside...I do enjoy being the "dirtiest" guy in the office though!