What do I Have?

GN86BEWARE

Ready For The Ride!!
New here finally got some pics. It is it possible to tell what I have or need to some degree from these pics?

Attachments

• 042.jpg
    042.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 586
  • 044.jpg
    044.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 589
  • 045.jpg
    045.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 589
  • 046.jpg
    046.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 588
  • 047.jpg
    047.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 590
Looks like a 1986 GN with a vacuum brake conversion, a stock down pipe, maybe a stock turbo (?), Cragar drag lite rims, the intercooler is missing it's shroud. Looks also like perhaps the stock fp regulator. But the air filter isn't what came stock though the air intake hose is.

Looks like the engine oil cooler lines have been removed. Don't see any fan relays on the left inner fender.

You a few things missing but over all looks stock. The few things missing are minor.Looks like a real nice car! How Much?

don't sound like a bad deal. looks mostly stock to me,need a shroud on that intercooler.

Few more pics. Is this thing on my dash necessary?

Attachments

• 037.jpg
    037.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 546
  • 052.jpg
    052.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 541
  • 051.jpg
    051.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 547
don't sound like a bad deal. looks mostly stock to me,need a shroud on that intercooler.

Looks like I need to find one. anyone have an extra?

OK now what I have been told about this car (don't believe all you are told.....??).
Turbo is original but has a different impeller.
Intercooler was modified by a guy in Dallas that does semi-trucks.
I do have a few chips in a jar in the glove box.
Guy that sold it to me replaced the injectors and fuel pump 3-4 months ago and installed stock items.
The car has a different shifter try and find a pic of this. ( Does this matter?)
Now for the biggie... Says he was told it has ran sub 12's like 11.5s ( Don't believe this)

Attachments

• 038.jpg
    038.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 519
Those gauges are not factory...definately an upgrade and are probably worth good money alone! Interior looks great too...judging by the pictures you've posted, I'd say you made a very savy deal.

Few more pics. Is this thing on my dash necessary?

Manual boost controller. Be careful with that. watch the boost. Turning the knob will turn up and down the boost. Get a scanmaster if you keep it. So you have $5600.00 in this car? You did not get hurt on that deal as long as the body is clean. Look at the bottoms of the doors and rear quarters and inner and outer wheelhouses. Looks like a nice car from the pics. How many miles? The Gnx style dash is no cheap either.

Manual boost controller. Be careful with that. watch the boost. Turning the knob will turn up and down the boost.

Can I take this off? Or what do I replace it with? The sound of it is annoying while driving around town. I know that much.

at face value it looks like you got a good deal. hows it run? you do have alot of work ahead just trying to find out what is and isnt done to the car. maybe you can find a local buick shop or guys in your area who could giver you a hand. good luck

Post a pic of the codes on the inside of the trunk lid. See if there is a WE2. That will tell if it is a true GN, if not....oh well, still sounds like a good deal.

Manual boost controller. Be careful with that. watch the boost. Turning the knob will turn up and down the boost. Get a scanmaster if you keep it. So you have $5600.00 in this car? You did not get hurt on that deal as long as the body is clean. Look at the bottoms of the doors and rear quarters and inner and outer wheelhouses. Looks like a nice car from the pics. How many miles? The Gnx style dash is no cheap either.

Clean door bottoms and quarters. little bubbles above the doors and a spot on the roof that has peeled. Have a great body guy that is going to fix for less than $1000. Ice fell off a carport I was told last year during the storm..?.. Post a pic when i can. Told new gauges put in at 20,000 so if this is true 45,000 or so.

Those are Crager wheels,they owned that pattern before Weld,(see the blue centercaps)

That's an AVC dash kit circa 1990ish, same one I have. As stated it looks like the Powermaster brakes have been converted over to Vacuum as well. That'll save you the headache. I have an extra intercooler shroud if you want it...let me know.

move it under the hood

Can I take this off? Or what do I replace it with? The sound of it is annoying while driving around town. I know that much.

the closer it is to the turbo the better the farther it gets from the turbo makes it less acurate and effective but looks like a nice one . the car that is

Looks and sounds like you got a pretty good deal. It seems like a nice car! The shifter is a B&M Hammer I think, and the steering wheel is obviously not a stocker. Looks like someone built or bought a taller armrest style console cover or lid too.