What did your Hot-Air clock at when you first bought it?

Turtle TR

boioing boioing boioing..
Just curious. I first clocked my absolutely stock TR at 17.00@82mph :eek: My 60' was 2.88 econds. I just dug up some old time slips while cleaning up my room. My Next run would be bettered by a 16.2@86mph, 60' at 2.64seconds. The following week with a K&N cone filter, and an dropped the exhaust, modified the actuator and set the car to 15psi, the car did 15.02@91mph, 60' 2.23econds. then I borrowed my friends DRs, did a healthy burnout...enough to smoke out the tower :D. And learned how to power brake off the line, bested at 14.72@94mph, 60' 2.08sec the same night. with the electric fan upgrade, and 160d stat, coolant line mod, and friend's DRs, it did 14.29@95mph 60ft 2.12 :confused: Then I started to get a little more experimental, I bought a, 87 turbo elbow and ported it out. the puck arm was higher than the H.A.'s one so I had to lengthen the rod. Instantly I was boost happy all over the place, at 21-22psi:eek: :confused:. Then all sorts of problems occured, stumbling, misfiring, backfiring :mad: . Just thought I'd share some of my TR history.

With our '84 T totally stock, leaving the starting line at idle rpm, the car did 16.2 sec. That was about 4 or 5 years ago.

With 93 oct. chip, adj. fuel press. regulator, 9" K&N, adjustable wastegate actuator, straight pipe instead of cat. convertor, BFG drag radials, and a home made cold air intake, the car went 13.9's at 16# boost - 1.97 60' time. That was 2yrs ago.

Now, with 100 oct. gas, 18# boost, she goes 13.6's.

Our next step is a slightly bigger turbo, and porting the stock intake.

Oh yeah, we already got a full ATR stainless exh. system in it now. And we're looking for high 12's now.

I bought my t-type brand new, and it'll be 19 years ago come December 2nd! :eek:

...never been on a track!

(hell, was barely able to keep it on the ROAD for a long time, I don't call it BUICK FROM HELL for nuthin!) :D

PS, guess what! I'm finally gettin' the engine rebuilt! YAY! ('bout frickin' time!)

Ran a 15.4 bone stock in 90 degree weather. Had 125k on the clock and found a cracked plug when I got home that night. This was the first day I had the car. Never made it back to the track. Now I am going ballistic with a front mount, 50#ers, etc, etc. I just want it to keep up with my Typhoon.

original 50k hot air

My 84 T-Type is bone stock incl goodyear eagle GT
tires and original exhaust except a K&N replacement
filter instead of AC Delco. I believe you could squeak
into the 14's with a good 60' time.

bye, Ed
http://edchapman.tripod.com/cars.html
84 T-Type WH1 15.4@89 stock, 87 T 14.1@97 stock, 87 GN stock

15.3 and 15.4 with a 307 fuel pump and chip. Found out three days later the turbo was shot and the injecters to. I think it was about 90 mph

Mine went 15.99 and 16.5 the two passes I made on street tires and no mods except for my exhaust. Havent been back to the track since my mods but with my buddys g-tech I got a best of 14.5 @ 105 mph this was leaving at 5 psi and spining the right rear, so Im hoping for 13.'s with some tires, definatly got the mph.

Originally posted by JasonB
Havent been back to the track since my mods but with my buddys g-tech I got a best of 14.5 @ 105 mph

don't hold your breath for that mph at the track...