What Color for my 87' Limited? Help decide!

What color for my 87' Limited?!

• Total voters

GetOwnedVette

The time has come. All I need is to put in my new trans and prep/paint the car. After this week at my buddies shop it has been narrowed down to two colors. Both I am taking a liking to. What do you guys think. If I had photoshop I would play around with my pic and the colors. Can't find my disk!

Here is the car in its original form. Interior isn't changing so the paint definitely was set to match. Only original pieces I wont be adding back is the mid door chrome strips and the badges aside from the T's.

33vf86t.jpg

2ryir1e.jpg

Mercedes Palladium Silver:

34pcpzn.jpg

House of Kolor Galaxy Gray:

25k7tac.jpg

jtt1qw.jpg

Hard to really judge from pics but the House of Kolor has a ton of metal flake! I would love to see my car in both colors. This is a ruff one!

Car looks fantastic as it sits :)

Hasnt looked like that in 4 years :( After a defective MT Street tire (to which they didnt fess up to) ripped the paint off my rear quarter it has needed a makeover. But yes I agree....it DID look beautiful

I fell in love with this new Mercedes color. It's a Satin Gray. Since your car has the chrome trim...it would look killer. Paint the bumpers to finish it off...
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1395217262.167433.jpg

Coaches paint code pick starts with Designo....if my plain mercedes color was $900/gal I can only imagine that one haha

Actually after research all day, that color coach is shadow grey metallic and it's a matte finish. Aka a huge ass pain lol

i vote for original color or galaxy gray. on the nova did see too much flake but on the generic model it showed way more. i personally like the chrome strips as it breaks up the paint but thats me. also think about chroming your t wheels? coach had a good idea but i can't paint the bumpers

i vote for original color or galaxy gray. on the nova did see too much flake but on the generic model it showed way more. i personally like the chrome strips as it breaks up the paint but thats me. also think about chroming your t wheels? coach had a good idea but i can't paint the bumpers
I'd get other bumpers and paint them. I'd never paint nice chrome bumpers. If I had a "T"...I'd paint them body color and then make a polished or chrome impact strip. With chrome grill and bezels...it would set off everything. I love chrome bumpers, but from the 50's and 60's. They contoured around the body...ours are flat and just stuck on.
I totally agree on chroming the rims. PM me and I'll take care of that for you...

I had to go see if my Limited is still in the Garage. :)

Attachments

• DSCF0169.jpeg
    DSCF0169.jpeg
    152.2 KB · Views: 73
I have new Weld RT-S. So we are good on rims. People you are supposed to pick between the two, not add in suggestions!!!!! LOL

However, the matte color coach picked does have me thinking.....only had one car in flat black....whats taking care of mattes like?

Holy smokes I have the same limited with same color and pin stripe also!

Mine has 52k immaculate condition with leather 95% stock:)

Last edited: