What can I do to bust this ebay scam?

mygrain

unregistered
This is a question I got from a buyer with zero feed back. Im 99% sure its a scam. What can I do to get this person in serious trouble?
Please respond to the question below from vikkypro01. eBay will send an email to the buyer for you.

Q: My name is Vikky Howell,I have a client who is interested in buying your item, he informed me that the payment will be remmited via a cashiers check.is the price you listed for the item firm?In order to conclude the deal as soon as possible, the cashiers check that will be sent to you will include the money for the sales of your item and the shippers fees for organising a home pick up service.You do not need to worry as my shipping company will come to pick the item up from your base for shipment. What I want to clarify is that will you be able to send the shipping charges to the shipping agent in United Arab Emirates through Western Union Money Transfer method as soon as you get and cash the check and you deduct the money for the sales of your item?If you agree to assist in this capacity , send your full name,your address and phone numbers,Vikky"

Just report it and blow it off - they won't get in trouble because ebay will never find them, so there's no use getting upset.

What kind of item were you selling? Also what kind of person use needs an agent to buy stuff off e-bay? Execpt fake people that is

I read this and I do beleive it is phony, but if they are willing to send you a cashiers check and it is not fake and you get your dough plus the shipping dollars, that would work, unless I missed something!

Ron

Originally posted by ronbuick
I read this and I do beleive it is phony, but if they are willing to send you a cashiers check and it is not fake and you get your dough plus the shipping dollars, that would work, unless I missed something!

Ron
Yeah, he'll give the check to his bank who will later find it to be counterfeit and, unfortunately, he's on the hook for it.

How can he be on the hook if the check is cashed?? let the bank figure out if it is phony or not, if they cash it must be good. even if they hold it to verify it.

Ron

Originally posted by ronbuick
How can he be on the hook if the check is cashed?? let the bank figure out if it is phony or not, if they cash it must be good. even if they hold it to verify it.

Ron
Of course, I agrre with you that that is how it should be.....but, apparently that is not how it goes with a lot of people.

Here is the issue. These guys are good. They may pass you a check that will have a good account number. They may have stolen someones identity and not hit that account yet.

You go to the bank and present check, leave with money...yes i have seen it happen,you are now in big big trouble.

Any time you get a check or money order at any time through the mail, from an unknown person go to your bank or appropriate financial institution and ask them to check into it for you.

If it comes back as a forged bad check law enforcement will have to respond and take custody of the item. At this time you demonstrated no intent to cash the check but to protect your self. ;)

yes Louie, that is what I'm saying, if it is good and you get your money plus the amount that they were requesting I do not see a problem, but I'm sure it is still phony but could be on the upandup.

Ron

ITS A SCAM!!!

I know of 35 different versions of the same old song and dance.
Just forget it...........Your wasting your time, If you get a check and cash it the bank my give you the money but when it comes back you will owe for the bad check. Its a complete joke.