what cam should I run???

sick GN

I'm currently building my motor and want a cam to compliment what I already have...,I wouldn't mind it being a bit lopey... I have aluminum gn1s a 70mm tb a huge front mount and built Trans with 3k lockup... Any ideas what should work good with this combo?? I have a few turbos I can run but I think i'm going with a te60... Other option is a te64...

210/210 roller has been in the 9's.

66 or 67mm turbo would be great with aluminum heads with the right cam and converter.

Joe

For switching from a hydraulic to a roller setup what all needs to be done? Its currently setup for the hydraulic cam

I'd consider a different turbo and switching to a different converter before I even changed the stock cam if I had GN1 aluminum heads. The te60 isnt worth it with it's tiny stage 3 turbine. You need to figure out how much power you need.

I'd be happy with 10s if possible... Its gonna be mostly for fun on the street... Not just for racing... Its not my daily driver just a nice weather car to take out and have some fun with... I'm just trying to get some advice on combos while I have the engine on the stand... Any input is appreciated!!!

I'd be happy with 10s if possible... Its gonna be mostly for fun on the street... Not just for racing... Its not my daily driver just a nice weather car to take out and have some fun with... I'm just trying to get some advice on combos while I have the engine on the stand... Any input is appreciated!!!

You can go 10's with your current cam and turbo. If you got to spend money.... get a good converter.... you didn't mention what brand yours was. IMHO, the lockup converters are a compromise.... if you want max performance.... most go with a n/l PTC. FWIW, I am currently running a noisy (side effect b/c of the way it is designed) Precision Industries Vigilante 5-disk lockup. I am giving up alot of spoolup and efficiency when not locked..... but I can lock mine up on the highway for a small bump in fuel economy and less RPM's. My slip percentages (however) are probably between 15% and 20% unlocked at the 1/4 mile traps. Chances are my car would be quicker... and would definately spoolup faster with a PTC n/l.

I can't remember what converter is in it... I had Jimmy's transmission in Illinois do the Trans... Ill try and find out what brand... Any info on the ta 270h cam? Anyone running this cam and how do you like it? It says its for big heads and turbos so I was just wondering how it helped if any with spool up and how is it driving on the street?

I can't remember what converter is in it... I had Jimmy's transmission in Illinois do the Trans... Ill try and find out what brand... Any info on the ta 270h cam? Anyone running this cam and how do you like it? It says its for big heads and turbos so I was just wondering how it helped if any with spool up and how is it driving on the street?

It's probably a Precision Industries Vigilante, think that is what Jimmy likes to use.