What are you using for fuel pump in mid - low 10 second combo ?

Beamer

I am believing my fuel situation needs repaired/replaced. I am not hitting the pressure that I need. Base 43 and I can't get above 62Lbs. Even with 27Lbs boost. My WB numbers are hurting and I am spraying the heck out of Alky. I had a problem a while back and found my pump to sender hose was partially off and replaced that with dual clamps - that should be good now. I am currently running the Denso pump with a Racetronix hot wire.

I am wondering if a single pump with dual alky nozzles is adequate for my combination at 28 - 30 Lbs boost. With my combo, I am thinking I should be in the low 10's. Or is a double pumper NEEDED ? I have heard that a good single pump is plenty for my setup.

What is everyone else running in this area of power ?

Thanks in advance,
Mike

I personally wouldn't run mid-low 10's with a single in tank pump...can it handle it...maybe...but for how long...I run a double pumper and like the insurance...also those 55lb injectors are about out of gas...I run low 10's on 72's and really should upgrade...I'm at around 85% inj duty cycle...I like a little more cushion...JMO

Gonna update my signature, as I am currently running a CPT60 BB w/S-trim and 83Lb injectors now.

Mike

red armstrong double pump been in my car 5 yrs strong . always believe in double pumper . better to have more fuel than no fuel

Racetronix double pumper with Hotwire that's fine . I run red Armstrong pumps best money I ever spent

We are getting a turbo T ready to run low 10's on a single DW pump and 96# injectors. We will approach this slowly with ample data to do this safely and certainly have enough octane to prevent and carnage in this process. :)

After that testing, we will use E-85 as the fuel to see how fast it will safely go at the track, and should provide more than ample power on the street!

The fuel system has been modified to use the 5/16" original vent line as the fuel return line which should give us enough supply of fuel at the injectors. We will also step up voltage at the pump which is also important.

This single pump has been proven to be adequate at 600 HP which is more than what we will need.

Data from another turbo T has shown 100% duty cycle on the 83# injectors when running into the 10's with one Walbo pump when the second one failed. :eek:

Data from another turbo T has shown 100% duty cycle on the 83# injectors when running into the 10's with one Walbo pump when the second one failed. :eek:
Nick, I'm a little confused. Do you mean there was a double pumper setup with Walbro pumps and when the second one was supposed to kick in it failed?

Double pump is needed for you goals.I run red's single hotwired an volt booster with 72's on alky with gt-71 percision,I have no pressure loss,But i'm sure the volume is lacking, a Double insures you keep the fuel rails Full under WOT!! intanks are the way to go, most externals are Louder!! then the car running..

Enjoy!

Nick, I'm a little confused. Do you mean there was a double pumper setup with Walbro pumps and when the second one was supposed to kick in it failed?

You are correct, the second pump failed as it just quit. :eek:

I have seen this happen to other cars as well, but in this case the data log prevented serious damage had we not seen that the duty cycle went over 100%. When the second pump fails at WOT, you can be screwed.

That is part of the reason I am not a fan of double pumpers, and certainly not Walbro pumps. :(

Nick,

How do you protect the in tank pumps wiring on E-85? This is a problem that I been wondering about? E-85 may not effect it at first, but long term I have been told that it will corrode the wiring! What is your take? Cause I may want to switch to the DW instead of my RED's DP!!

Sent from my iPhone using Turbo Buick

Racetronix double pumper with hotwire harness. Best bang for your buck, and you got lots of room for growth if and when you decide to add more power down the road.

I am believing my fuel situation needs repaired/replaced. I am not hitting the pressure that I need. Base 43 and I can't get above 62Lbs. Even with 27Lbs boost. My WB numbers are hurting and I am spraying the heck out of Alky. I had a problem a while back and found my pump to sender hose was partially off and replaced that with dual clamps - that should be good now. I am currently running the Denso pump with a Racetronix hot wire.

I am wondering if a single pump with dual alky nozzles is adequate for my combination at 28 - 30 Lbs boost. With my combo, I am thinking I should be in the low 10's. Or is a double pumper NEEDED ? I have heard that a good single pump is plenty for my setup.

What is everyone else running in this area of power ?

Thanks in advance,
Mike
The Denso pumps really wake up when you throw some voltage at them

I have the red armstrongs with walbros as well and the Hotwire kit. Somehow had a lean spike and toasted a head gasket and everything leads to the pump like I've seen before. I just ordered two holley 255's for turbo applications and hopefully the will outlast the pos walbros

If the pump is strong and the fuel lines in good shape you should be able to run low 10's with a single and alky. You need to step the voltage up to 16v.