What are my chances?

rb68rr

My inspection sticker ran out today and I still don't have a cat on the car. Is there any way it will pass the emission test here in Texas without it? If so, what can I do to improve my chances? Thanks, R.B.

IMHO, the larger urbo will reduce NOx, but the fact that the LC on the cam is larger than stock, the NOx will increase (due to increased cylinder pressure). You're probably going to have a very tough time passing without a cat. Especially, HC and NOx. maybe in the day when Texas wasn't using a dyno type emissions test it was possible, but not now.

I didn't drill the hole in my power plate when I installed it. Will this keep it from passing also? Thanks, R.B.

You're really stacking the deck. I think it's possible to pass without the PP being drilled, but not the cat.

Jason,
Apparently you did not read the Smog Check sticky at the top of this forum. So I'll post the section that applies:

"Additionally, I won't comment on clean piping or clean screening (of OBD II vehicles). Besides, posting about clean piping on a public forum seems IMHO unwise (you just don't know who's looking)."

Here is the deal, look at my email address. Can you say state regulatory agency? I once tracked a guy on another board that claimed to know someone in CA that would clean-pipe his vehicle. Apparently he was proud enough of his vehicle that I was able to veiw a license plate and this allowed the local field office (and myself) to monitor testing activity on that particular vehicle. Luckily for him and the station, that the station decided to test it properly. The station actually received a visit and a pat on the back for doing it's job properly. Otherwise the visit may have cost a technician his livelyhood.

I understand, but wanted to make a point of how wide open the internet is and the reasons I usually don't adress issues of suggested clean-piping or clean screening (OBDII vehicles). So, please don't take it as being accusitory(sp?).