What am I doing wrong?

black84

Went out to the track with my 87' stock gn for the first time Friday and it was not pretty. I have to admit that I had a hard time launching the car. For one I could not even build any boost while at the lights. It seemed like it was having a hard time spooling off the line and barely managed to make a pound of boost before the tires broke loose. The only mods I have done is the walboro 340 and a homemade wastegate I made for that night. The first run I got with 15 psi and 91 octane was a 16.5 which was pretty constant. So a few runs later I upped the boost to 17 pounds with c-12 gas which netted me a 16.1. On the way home from the track i still had about a 1/4 of a tank so I opened her up and you could really feel her pulling hard. I could almost swear that it runs faster than my 00' ws-6. The only thing wrong with this is that I expected my gn to get off the line a lot harder than my 00' ws-6, but it didn't. So my question is what am I doing wrong. I've done all the spring cleaning except change out the springs. Any advise would be appreciated. Do I have a slow gn or is my inexperience with the gn my weak spot? One other thing I live in El Paso, Tx and the alltitude is about 3500 ft. above sea level. Thanks Andy

what were your 60 fts? what were the trap speeds in the 1/8 and 1/4? Do you have a scan tool to monitor knock and 02s? If no scan tool, i bet its pulling timing like crazy. 3500 feet doesn't help but it should still be high 14s i would guess. have you changed the fuel filter recently? Lotsa stuff to check out.