What A Loooooooser

Phatman

Senior Irish Member
I was down at my shop working on my car and decided to make a few test runs before parking it. I made two runs and was adjusting my fuel pressure when this pud in a Nova stops and asks if I'd like to run. I told him no I was just doing some test and tune runs.

Well, he says he'll give me the jump from a dig. I told him na I'm just getting ready to go home and then he gives me some smart remark...I told him to get it up and I'll give you the jump.

I beat him by about three car lengths and he asks for a rematch, he said he had problems...I told him I was done for the day and put my car in the shop. The guy is still spouting off, then pulls another burnout and blasts off down the street.

I watching this pud taking off when a cop shoots by me at warp 10 with all the bells and whistles going. It's nice to know they are on duty.

:cool:

Mike,

Dang this guy sounds familiar. What did the Nove look like? I ran into a similar guy in a crappy blue Nova that sounded like it had a gear drive, was burning a little oil and idled crappy. :rolleyes: Same guy? It sure was the same result. :D

It was in prime...like a 71 or 72, 355sb, mini tub, Weld drag stars with Goodrich Comp TA's. Looked like he had the start of a nice hot rod...it was doing a little popping, I think he needed to spend some time at his shop before he goes out hunting.

I haven't seen him around the area before...maybe he just aquired the car, his driving left a little to be desired...mine too!!!
I bet when that cop gets done with him that paint job will have to wait. When I drove past them in the company truck I gave him the old thumbs up.

There is a nice Nova across the street from my shop at the body shop getting the hood cut for a big boy blower...looks pretty nice purple with flames. I'm not sure what's in it for a motor, but it's pure pro street. It belongs to the guy that own's T&P Interlocking Paver Company. Man I thought I had a pretty good year last year, he told me they did over 12 mil gross. I think I might be able to get the business to buy me a nice Buick pro street if I was doing that kinda volume.

:cool: