What a damn rats nest#!! $@/^/

Dhos1

Self-tuning wanna-be
Brought this car about 2 years ago. I knew the front concert sounds did not work, but whomever installed/ghetto rigged some 6x9s in the back. That is okay there. I decided I want to hook up fronts. I pull out the Alpine cda-105 that was installed and find this trash all hacked up. There are 2 lik JBL thing a mabobs that were taped to the back of the firewall...rigged up to some connector that in the back of the radio. What kinda shit is this. I just want my fronts to work! Im thinking I need to just start over as this is ghetto rigged. Where the hell to start???it looks like a rats nest back there!

Pics
20151023_174210.jpg

Attachments

• 20151023_174223.jpg
    20151023_174223.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 159
Heres that stupid JBL thing. I found 2 of these taped in the back with double sided tape

Attachments

• 20151023_174149.jpg
    20151023_174149.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 215
Best thing is to clean it out and start from scratch. It may work as is but when you do it all yourself then you know what EVERY wire is for and where it runs to and from. Makes troubleshooting a breeze vs a nightmare.

Am at the same point w/ my 99+% original POS...:rolleyes:
Speaker wires wadded up, taped in a bundle, and left to hang, butt spices that are a joke, wires twisted together and taped....:mad:
I got so pissed off, I took the side cutters to the whole mess. I found 2 sets of 3 each cables, [look like hiline wires], to the rear, and something dangling in the doors...Haven't taken them off yet.(n)

I don't see why there are 2 sets of 3 each wires to the rear. [6 prs]. These wires are some HD stuff, and are molded pairs. I wasn't aware speakers needed more than 2 wires.
There are holes in the floor, so I'd guess there was a amp in the mess, at some time in the past 30 yrs...
Hoping to get a decent system, once I take out the trash..Some redneks should never be allowed to touch a car, much less drive/own one...:vomit:

You are correct. Ive got it fixed now. I ripped it out and started clean...what a frikkin mess it took about 10 days to rip out, troublecshoot and respilce and put it all back together

Yeah, it was a mess. Nothing was insulated/taped or spliced properly and the linescwere too long therefore causing the trashy look. Surprised i didnt have a fire

Welcome to the world of grand national wiring, take sometime and do it nice, then come to my house and clean up the mess under my dash.:)