WH1 Designer series T type

steedaflow99

Someone brought to my attention I had a WH1 designer series T Type, and Not just a regular t type like I figured....Does anyone know anything about these cars??? Are they worth any more then your typical T type...I know they were limited to 525 models in 1985.....???? Any 411 on these cars would be greatly appreciated....THANKS!!!!

It is really just a specific paint job, rear deck spoiler, either gray or maroon interior, and that's pretty much it.

I have an '86 and in MY opinion they are worth more! :)

But really they aren't worth much more. Maybe a little bit to the right buyer. Example is when I decided to do a stage 1 or 2 set up I am going to be looking

Actually WH1 was the first 84 or after Turbo Regal I saw..

Back in the day - maybe fall of '83/84. My reaction was. "Wow, what was that? A Buick?" I had seen and heard about Sport Coupes, turbo MC's

http://home.flash.net/~rjgeorge/montecarlo.htm

and T's in the late 70's/early 80's but black/silver w/blackout trim & a rear spoiler!?! :cool: My curiousity had me watching for WH1's, GN's and T's from that point on.

Sorry for the True Confessions short story above.:redface: You have this WH1 website?

Buick Regal WH1 Registry

And as far as the value - maybe more. IMHO with the right car/right buyer as in an 86... much more that the regular T-Type. They are rare and GM/Buick killed the paint scheme after 86 and only kept the designer (D84) two tone (no blk/silver tho) around for the 87 model year. I think one of Dennis Kirbans books has some background these NICE cars.

I definitely think that Buick made a mistake killing the paint shceme after '86. The D84 was nowhere near as nice IMHO.

My wife likes hers..

I definitely think that Buick made a mistake killing the paint shceme after '86. The D84 was nowhere near as nice IMHO.

I know it's beside the point ...but she wouldn't mind your opinion - she occasionally tolerates mine! LOL:wink:

Attachments

• AstroTfront.JPG
    AstroTfront.JPG
    45 KB · Views: 368
Looks pretty dang clean!! Do you have more shots? Side, engine bay, interior? I swear these things are like adult entertainment! Yeah, I have seen lots...but i still want more!! LOL :)

We need some WH1 pics but...

Here is one D84 pic I like .. We repainted - but looks exactly (minus emblems, chip guard and body side molding) as the first owner had it for 18 year (w/his Astro rims). Chrome OEM moldings are impossible to find. I guess the thread is already kinda hijacked so I don't want to go on too much. Enjoy.

Attachments

• P7040007.JPG
    P7040007.JPG
    78 KB · Views: 454
Someone brought to my attention I had a WH1 designer series T Type, and Not just a regular t type like I figured....Does anyone know anything about these cars??? Are they worth any more then your typical T type...I know they were limited to 525 models in 1985.....???? Any 411 on these cars would be greatly appreciated....THANKS!!!!

I would have been that guy!
here is a link to pics of mine, it's kinda a one owner car, my Dad ordered it new
1985 Buick Regal WH1 pictures by NCThruxton - Photobucket

DSC00816.jpg

hello; I have a 86T designer series with a ASC moon roof. It looks just like 1985WHIb's with different mags and no column shift. I like it. Put on some kirbans GNX copy rims and that' my car.
IBBY