Wet Plugs

stan9898

I have a friend with an 87 T ,the car runs fine ,until it sits overnite,the plugs are wet with fuel, the plugs have to be changed before it will start again, the car starts every time all day and run fine with the dryed plugs ,until it sits overnite. Any help will be greaty appreciated!

Thanks Stan

Leaking injector probably. Are they all that way? If the injectors are leaking there are some intake valves that are going to be closed so they all cant be wet (obviously). Does he have a fuel PSI gauge. I would get one and see if the pressure quickly drops off after you shut the car off.

He doesnt have a fuel pressure gauge, I'll put mine on his car and check it, it could very well be a bad fuel injector, its a old set up.Not all the plugs are wet he says they are real black and sutty. thanks for your help!

Stan

He doesnt have a fuel pressure gauge, I'll put mine on his car and check it, it could very well be a bad fuel injector, its a old set up.Not all the plugs are wet he says they are real black and sutty. thanks for your help!

Stan

If there real sutty he's running rich. After 20+ years it might be time to upgrade some stuff and spruce it up a little.

If its flooded, keep the gas pedal to the floor when cranking, that shuts off the injectors when your cranking on it to start it.

BW

With bigger injectors and if the cam sensor is not set right, it could act as a "issue"
Everyone drives these cars with huge injectors and we drive them with daily driver characteristics, if you have issues, we can look into it. Should be easy to fix your issue.

HTH
BW