Were to get a N2O kit for my 3.8?

MuscleMayhem

mag-ba president
I have a 87 3.8L Turbo from a GN (intercooled) and i was wondering who has the best N2O kit for these engines? i saw NX has some kind of system were it shoots into the intercooler... is that good? what brand (and were to get it) is the best?

NOS

I WOULD HAVE TO SAY GO WITH NOS I HAVE A COUPLE OF THERE SYSTEMS AND THEY ARE REALLY NICE SETUPS, FOR ONE THING THERE KIT COMES WITH THE FOGGER NOZZLE ALREADY INSTALLED IN THE UP-PIPE AND ALSO HAS PRE-BENT HARD LINE WITH IT TO. THE NX SYSTEM ACTUALLY JUST SPRAYS ON THE INTERCOOLER TO CHILL THE INTERCOOLER BUT NOT INTO IT....BIG DIFERENCE.....GOOD LUCK:D :D :D

I agree Nos system. You can order it for Summit Racing or Jegs, runs about 525 for the fogger in the up-pipe, and have a new system that goes under the fuel injectors for 1300 (way cool and sleathy).

Chuck

will i have problem running about a 100 shot on a pretty much stock car...?
what mods should i do to compliment it?

50-75 would be the safest. The most important things are fuel delivery (new upgraded fuel pump), back off timing (20 degree timing on race gas or 18 degree on good pump gas), well tuned car (spring cleaning and 1 colder rated plug)and some way to monitor knock (direct scan or knock gage).

Also adjust boost because with 50hp jets you will see 1-2 lbs of boost increase and 75hp jets you will see 2-3 lbs of boost increase.

Chuck

NOS

I agree:
1) upgrade fuel pump

2) upgrade to adjustable fuel pressure regulator

3) turn down the boost 1 psi per 50hp

have fun...

John C.
General Manager
Platinum Motorsports
"Any tires/wheels @ lowest prices guaranteed!"
**for Turbobuick members only**
->Weld wheel authorized dealer!
->Centerline & American Racing authorized wheel dealer!
->Demon Carb authorized dealer.
->NOS authorized dealer.
->ATI Procharger authorized dealer.

i have a 84 Regal with an 87 3.8 turbo GN engine in it... with chip and exhaust... ran a best of 13.5... how much would the 75 shot take off?

yea im guessin i would just want the up pipe one hehe... seeing that im only gonna be running about a 75 hehe... i just want that little added power... how much is this normally?

Up-pipe setup runs about 500 new, if you watch the board or post on the wanted parts section I have seen used ones go for about 300.

Chuck

twins

Hey chuck what do you say i buy another up-pip NOS setup for the twin turbo setup someday...that way i can have enuff nozzles on the car incase the injectors go out i can drive home on the other ones:D :D :D :D :D

all smiles

hahahaaa...i'd like to see that one, i'd be all smiles !! :D

John C.

Botlfed,

Actually if you think about it, you have more nozzles now then you have injectors and the nozzles will flow more gas then the injectors. :eek: :eek:

Might have to restrict the flow on the nozzles just to keep it at WOT. :eek: :D

Chuck

possible?

is it possible to have too much NAAAAAHWS ? nah, i don't think so. :D

just noticed this post but does anyone have a part number to the setup in summit for the 3.8 intercooled engine?? how easy is it to install? anything on this kit would be great. thakns

NOS part #

here it is in all the glory.....

05301 (A,B) Buick/Pontiac Trans-Am Intercooled V6 Turbo, 3.8L

:D HTH...

John C.
General Manager
Platinum Motorsports
"Any tires/wheels @ lowest prices guaranteed!"
**for Turbobuick members only**
->Nitto & BF Goodrich drag radial authorized dealer.
->Weld wheel authorized dealer!
->Centerline & American Racing authorized wheel dealer!
->Demon Carb authorized dealer.
->NOS authorized dealer.
->ATI Procharger authorized dealer.

On My dad's car (not a Gn) we used a nitrous express system. We ended up getting a crack in one of the fogger nozzels. So we talked to A company Called Texas Nitrous Technologies(TNT). They have amazing nozzles. If you talk to them they will hook you up with one of their kits. In My opinion there system is better than an NX system. I am not sure if they have a specific Buick Kit. But I Bet they would take measurements and hook you up with a kit. Nx has good systems. One of the distributors here in texas did not get off to good start with me. I probably won't buy from him again.