Went to track first time and......

C

Cakes

I ran a 13.921 @99 on a very hot day. My mods listed in signature suggest I should be able to go a lot faster than I did. I was running 44 psi fuel pressure and I ended up 785 o2 voltage and 0.0 knock with 17 psi of boost. I started on the line off idle (no throttle) and left on 3rd yellow and cut a .648 light. The tires broke loose around 60 feet and I ran a 2.3 60 foot time. The car was in overdrive and I did notice it did shift into OD right before I finished so that suggests to me my foot was not completly down to the floor (probably because of nerves). Anyways can anyone give me an idea what my car should run in the 1/4 on 93 octane with everything listed in my signature on BFG Radial TAs (I know not optimum but...) and is there anything I can do next time(like boost on line, leave in drive, etc...) to help me get to near the potential of this car?? Thanks!

PS I need to prove to this mustang guy that his 14.0 is no match for my car! Thanks!

Run the car in drive. If you run in OD it will short shift into OD around 95 to 100 MPH and that will cost a couple mph.

To go faster, sticky tires and a right side airbag @ 20 psi. This will cut .5 seconds off your 60 ft and .7 off your ET, with an easy to achieve 1.8 60 ft, now you are running 13.3's@101 (you'll run in D next time) To get into the 12's Put in good gas and use a race chip. There is another 4 mph and .4 seconds.

Of course you actually need to do these and then learn how to make them work to achieve the benifits, but it isn't hard. Hope this helps

I was thinking of next time going in drive and leaving with a little boost. Unfortunately I do not have a lockup convertor so that is out of the question...but a nice 13.3 would be perfect. How much is an airbag? Thanks for your time!

How about some race gas and a little boost? Since you are having a hard time hooking you might as well have a little top end;)

You can do it man.
My second trip to the track was a couple months ago. I was running a nice Xylene mixture in my 93oct gas also a 100 octane race chip. I have no airbags and BFG T/A's.

I pulled a 1.9 sec 60' and ran 13.4 @ 100 (20# boost).... I launched in 2nd and forgot to shift to drive when I was supposed to.. oops. That cost me a tenth or two I'm sure. Oh well, I still beat the 2001 Mustang GT I was staged next to by 2 solid seconds ;)

After that my car had some troubles... but my best MPH was 103.5 on a run where I spun my tires for about 50 feet... double oops!! Too much water on the track! Remember to give your tires a little spin no matter if you are on drags or street tires.

Next time out I should be dipping my toes in the 12's.

Go for some race gas and more boost. Definitely try to build more boost off the line, as much as you can without spinning the tires. I have a friend that has a set of ET Streets he is selling, I'll check to see what size they are. I think they are 26x10's, but not sure if they are for 15" or 16" rims. I'll send ya an e-mail later with the info.

Let me know when you're ready to head back up....we are going on a Saturday in 2-3 weeks for test-n-tune.

Steve

Put some slicks on it (mickey thompson 28x9) use the convertor you paid good money for. build up some boost on line and let it go! but be sure to hang on..LOL