Went 3-0 in more or less street trim.

NEARING

I took the "stealth bomber" to VMP last night to see If I could do anything with the BFG dr's but wasn't expecting much as it was hot and humid as He11.

I call it the stealth bomber because I'm running the stock rims with no center caps so she's just a "tad" on the ugly side.

The tec guy was funny when I said I wanted to run test and tune as he said "You have to run in the 12's for that." I said yep and he was like "YOU SURE?":rolleyes:

First pass I ran against a NICE 70 SS 396, had 3" duel exh, slicks and a big fuel system hanging under the gas tank, I didn't get to look under the hood.

ME- 1.80 60ft 7.51/94.8 8th 11.75/106.5
Him-1.71 60ft 7.66/90.2 8th 12.04/111.9

I't left pretty good on the dr's considering the weather and NO track prep.

I let out shortly after the 8th when I heard the tires rubbing:confused: :eek: and didn't know what it was at first.:eek:

No air in air bags!

Got my slip and the track offical said "way to sand bag".

Got back in line and Chevelle guy gave me a Go TO HE1* look.
His buddies were looking at my car sort of:confused:

Since that went over so well I figured I'd do it again against the 5.0 mustang with half an interior and dr's:D

2nd pass
Me 1.79 60ft 7.47/95.1 1/8th 11.89/95.0;) 1/4
him 1.88 8.33/85.0 12.93/111.4

I got some Very strange looks after that run:cool:

I was going to be an azz again but after some tong lashing from B Mason I decide to make full pull.

3rd pass V/S LS1 Firehawk cam,slicks,?

Me 1.87 60ft 7.50/95.3 1/8th 11.60/119.87 1/4
Him 1.88 7.95/91.0 12.20/117.22 1/4

Had a tad of knock that pass as boost crept up on me.

I sure I had less than 100 octane in the tank as I had a pump gas race gas mix AND then added 93 once and 92 once before going to the track.

I can't complain as everyone's cars were off some by as much as 1/2 a sec.

I fell I held up the Buick flag well.:D

You must have been sleepy!

Nearing:

I think you meant RICHMOND...not VMP!

Overall it was fun, but the track sucked (as you stated). Considering the heat and humidity, I'm okay with 11.5's the way I drive her to work. I had probaby a 60/40 mix of 91 octane and CAM2.

Next time out should be a different story huh? Let your wife know that I'll be over sometime Monday to pick up my other car. Inside joke!;)

Also, your assessment of everyone being about .5 seconds off, seems about right. Last time out, at the same boost, it went about .5 seconds quicker (but that was with 28" and not the 26" tires I had last night).

-Bobby

I haven't had a chance to look at the file I logged just going down the road to see if the rpm's are jumping up and down 50 with just normal driving.:confused:

Are you still 60ft challenged? :D

I've already run a 1.70 in the T. I'm hoping to bust some 1.6's next time at the track. Unfortunately I need to rebuild the trans as its starting to slip on shifts so I don't know if I'll get another run in this year or not.

Seems like you had some good fun at the track. My best fun is that I usually have like a 1.5 reaction time and run down everyone. I don't think I've lost yet, but mostly against ricer cars, and one mustang that had problems. Most of the time the other guys are sitting staged while I'm still doing a burnout so I don't have much time to build boost so I just sit there when it turns green and wait until I see the boost I like and go.

I think Bmason ran a 1.71 in the T so I guess I'm doing something right. ;) I need to beat the 12.2 but I'll have to wait for cooler weather to do that. I did run a 12.4 in 85 degree weather though so I'm getting there! To get into the 11's I think I'll need a low 1.6 or high 1.5. Might have to wait until next year as I'm looking to upgrade the shocks, control arms, and get a H&R sway bar over the winter.

Let me know if you head anywhere north to run, maybe we can meet up.

nice runs man.......maybe I can hit some high 12's my first time out, when Red gets this track rental thing going
:D
Come on Red..............

Originally posted by ws6formula50
when Red gets this track rental thing going
:D
Come on Red..............

hold ya horses :D

Id like to take one of my own cars if Im going to do a track rental :p

need good cool weather anyway mid to late october works for me

Originally posted by murphster
Are you still 60ft challenged? :D

Let me know if you head anywhere north to run, maybe we can meet up.

Yes a little bit but I'm can't complain too much about the Drag radials with the EXTRA crappy conditions we had!:(

I'd like to see the T bust off an 11. I'm sure it has it in it on a good tire and good gas.:cool:

Hey bobby, or nearing, are you guys going to the track any more before the 27th of sept.? I would like to join you. I have not had a chance to take out my gn since I bought it. Almost got it ready to rip. My subaru is also almost ready. I hope to get some 10s with the little 2.0. Let me know if either of you are going to Richmond, or VMP.

Scott @285-0777