Weldon Dial-a-Flow

LikeMySix

Once this is installed using the pots dail controller that Weldon supplies with the unit. Is there an noticeable difference in the sound of the pump itself from full power to min setting? I have everything wired up per weldons online scematics(there racing website is down atm) and hear no noticeble change in the pump when turning the dial in either direction.:confused: The dial switch has a red,white and green wire if someone could verify which terminals ea of these go to on the controller so that I can compare with how I have them. I would appreciate the help.

TIA
Frank

I have one on my car. While the car is running and you turn the dial, you can hear the pump change speed.

scan0001.jpg

scan0002.jpg

Hope this helps

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Billy,
thanks alot! Those instructions I never got with my unit straight from weldon. The scematics are exactly what I have from there site. I've checked and rechecked the wires to make exactly sure each is in the right spot(using a test light with all unhooked 1 at a time) Still no voltage drop or increase turing the knob:rolleyes: soo I tried something else, by having the brown wire hook up at the white wire and white at brown. That seems to have worked I definately notice a low pump speed and a much higher pump speed,only problem is with the on/off switch in off position the pump can come on by turning the dial to near full power. Also with switch either in on or off position at the dial's Full power position it cuts all power to pump, Low power works just fine and with power switch in off position it cuts the power to the pump. Tried this switching the brown wire with the green wire had same results switching it with the red gave only low pump speed just like if it were wired the correct way.

I dont know what to think!:confused: Maybe the thing is wired wrong/bad unit from weldon.You think it might be a bad Pot's meter? Bad thing is I bought it 1 year ago and just now got the whole project about finished. Thats My luck!

Thanks

Frank

Billy,
just a shot in the dark here but I seen you stated that when the car was running and you turned the dial the pump would change speed. Does it not change speed if the car is not running? Asking because I didnt have the car running and maybe the unit has a voltage requirement to enable the pot meter to work. I'm sure there's less than 12 volts at the back of my car especially since Ive had the doors open and trunk open all day(lights burning)

Just a guess.

Frank

I don't have my car here, it's at the chassis guy. If I recall correctly, the dial did not do anything when the car was off. I heard the pump change speed only when the car was running.

I would check your connection if you used crimps. I crimped mine and had some issues with the thin gauge wire that is connected to the dial. I left mine crimped but added solder to the connection/crimp.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Billy and whoever else cares,
spoke with Jim at weldon monday and it seems that my brand new Pump controller is fried already(you'd think they would have top notch quality control since this piece is almost $400). He also mentioned that there is an error in the wiriing scematic in that there must be a relay in the battery + wire before it reaches the unit. Otherwise once the power wire is connected it will continuously run the pump at low speed where the pot switch will work.Toggle switch disables the pot dial and runs pump at max speed.

Thats 2 electrical devices that were faulty now and I havent even fired it up yet:( . I'm beginning to become leary of starting the thing, mabey its trying to tell me something.

Thanks for trying to help.

Frank

Call it luck or what, I installed a relay but don't remember what part of the circuit it's controlling. I think I have it wired that it powers up the controller. So there needs to be relay powers the unit up.

Is Jim going to warranty the unit?

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Billy,
yea according to Jim there needs to be a relay in the + wire going to the pump controller. Otherwise the pump would run continuous once the + wire was hooked up to controller.
He told me he would fix it, but I got the idea it wont be any time soon.