Weird Turbo Noise

Ok, I had gotten a new CHRA because my old one leaked oil into the exhaust side even with a new seal. with that CHRA my turbo sounded like ive seen em at the track on GN's. I nice kind of high pitched whistle sound. I only had about 2ft of exhaust with that one, i hadn't made it up to the exhaust guy yet. Well this new chra kinda sounds like and old fashioned fire truck siren. Kind of a vibrating whine. It's brand new, I pre lubed it before running the car and i know it's still getting oil cuz i had to fix the leak out of my drain tube. I would figure they pre balance them but it kinda sounds like it's off a tad. I wish i had more experience with these cars. Hey, if anyone near Suquamish wa want's to come help me fix this pile, feel free.

Ok, this turbo just sounds wrong. I'm going to pull this thing off and go through it. I wish i could record a sample to post here so you could here it.

No, no air leaks. but i believe i've found it. I just got the turbo apart and........eww. There's quite a bit of lateral movement on the turbine shaft. maybe i can part my two CHRA's together and get one good one.

Well it looks like i won't be able to make one good turbo out of two. So i have one turbo that leaks oil into the exhaust and one turbo that vibrates and makes a god awful racket. I can't believe that this chra went out in 40 miles of driving. i checked for play in the shaft when i first got it and it was great. but now it's just gone to poop. Unless someone has a way of fixing these problems that i don't know about i'm gonna hafta buy a new one. Anyone know where i can get a new chra?