Weird shifting problem.

davidgn214

boosted g-body
I have a 2004r that I got from a wrecked T installed into my GN went to drive up shifted felt good came to a stop doesn't go into first on its own. When driving normal it also doesn't kick down. Took the oil pan off and the wiring was disconnected from the plug that goes through the case. I Guess my question is would this cause it to do all that? Car is stock no converter nothing.

No. It would prevent lock up and prevent the ecm from seeing the 3rd/4th pressure sw signal but would not cause a lack of downshift. Likely cause is misadjusted tv cable. If tv cable is right it's probably a stuck tv valve/plunger from the trans sitting unused

Short answer no. If it won't go into 1rst on it's own either the T.V. cable is misadjusted or the min. T.V. pressure is too high. Need to put a pressure gauge on it and check pressures.

Thank you guys I will check both pressure and then go from there to maybe the tv plunger. I appreciate it

with the car idling disconnect the tv cable from the arm at the throttle body and give the cable some sharp pulls to cycle the tv valve in the trans. Might loosen it up and if there are debris in there get them out. I'd put a gauge on it either way so you know what you are working with.