Weird Knock??

sick GN

I was just cruising home when I started to hear this weird knock come from my car and then the knock gauge started lighting up. It was fine when I got into boost but it came back and the knock gauge lit up when I let off. It seems to be from the front of the engine. Have to look at it better tomorrow. Any ideas??

I would bet money that AC compressor bolts came loose or even fell out! For some reason, these motors have a habit of shaking accessory bolts loose.

When I bought my car, it only had one bolt holding the compressor on! It makes a horrible knocking sound!

Get out the wrenches and go over ALL bolts on the front of the engine.

Good luck!

Thanks will check it out in the morning. Anything else to maybe look for?? How serious can this be??

OK changed oil, cut open filter and no shavings or anything. It doesn't always knock. It's quiet when at idle and gets a lot worse when I rev it for maybe 5 sec. then let off. When the rpm's are dropping is when the noise gets loud. Pulled off the valve covers and everything seems ok. What else could it be??

mine kinda does the same thing. i think mine is the new timing chain i got put in with the old tensioner and cam button amking the noise. check around that area also.