Weird FAST problem

TEST MY 6

I am running a seq. FAST system,The problem happens when I attempt to adjust the target A/F ratio. If I change ANY of the cells by .1 or more a/f ratio the car begins to surge the a/f ratio leans out and the car dies. While the car is surging if I try to put the cell back to what the a/f was it makes no difference the car still dies out.I have to reload the map and the car starts up and runs fine. I did this twice with the same results. Any ideas??

I am running a seq. FAST system,The problem happens when I attempt to adjust the target A/F ratio. If I change ANY of the cells by .1 or more a/f ratio the car begins to surge the a/f ratio leans out and the car dies. While the car is surging if I try to put the cell back to what the a/f was it makes no difference the car still dies out.I have to reload the map and the car starts up and runs fine. I did this twice with the same results. Any ideas??

I think the ve table references the a/f table so if you make an adjustment to the target a/f you may have to compensate in the ve table. The reason I say this is my new combo needs a much leaner target a/f than I ran before and my ve #'s are lower than with my old set-up yet it makes MUCH more power.

Its the classic box, I kinda know what your saying Dusty but my adjustments are not even in cells that the car is running in, Even the slightest .1 change and it starts to bug out.

are you using a laptop computer that has a serial port on the back? I had a similar problem with my laptop when i was using a USB- serial port adapter using that device was corupting my files. i switch to a older laptop that has a serial port and my problem went away.

also you can try and take the ecm out of closed loop and adjusting while it's in open loop to see if the problem remains.

HTH

The laptop is a older HP, I am using the serial port not USB. That is a good idea about the open loop Ill have to try that tonight.

well to cap off this thread, A reinstall of ccom into my laptop took care of that problem as it usually does for other quirks in the software. Thanx for the input guys I got some tuning time which I will elaborate in another thread with good results.