Weird Coolant Leak

fxdxlr8

This is my first Stage 2 so I may have some of odd questions. I hope you veterans will be patient. I pulled the motor today and when I removed one of the belhousing bolts I sprung a coolant leak. Actually the presence of antifreeze is one of the reasons I pulled he motor. Is this something I should be in a panic about? Can it be can be repaired? (easily) its a 153 block.

Attachments

• Stage Motor 040.jpg
    Stage Motor 040.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 213
This is my first Stage 2 so I may have some of odd questions. I hope you veterans will be patient. I pulled the motor today and when I removed one of the belhousing bolts I sprung a coolant leak. Actually the presence of antifreeze is one of the reasons I pulled he motor. Is this something I should be in a panic about? Can it be can be repaired? (easily) its a 153 block.

Looks like someone probably drilled and tapped that hole too far.......

Where are you located?

I dont see why that would be a big deal. Maybe you can clean it up and install a small pipe plug in it or install a stud with permatex head bolt thread sealant in that hole. Mike :cool:

Coolant leak

I would get a good thread sealant and apply it to that bellhousing bolt. This should seal it the same as a head bolt or stud. I see no problems.

do some measuring

Check the depth of hole--if tapped deep enough-install a set screw with some kind of sealant deep enough into the hole so bellhousing bolt won't hit it.