Weird Coolant issue...

Justin85

Ok so I'm having a really really hard time tracing down a coolant leak.. The car leaked about two little alky overfill bottles in maybe 300 KM's.. The car doesn't drip any coolant on the driveway.. Is it possible that the car only leaks under load during a drive because I cant find coolant anywhere under the hood or on the driveway. I have a new water pump aswell as all new hoses and a Fbody Rad.. All are decently new.. Also I don't think the coolant is going into a exhaust port and burning up because the car blows no white smoke.. not even at start up like most TR's do.

I still have to do a pressure test .. And I think I'm going to try some GM pallets designed for leaks. Has anyone ever battled a weird leak like this?

is the oil clean. I would pull the plugs and pressure test coolant system then let it sit for a while then turn it over by hand .If the head gasket is leaking this one way it would show. whats done to the engine? upgrades?
Is the Buick Garnet red? Looks just like my car except I have tan interior

You could have a very small leak in the head gaskets getting in the cylinders and not showing up out the exhaust unless it got to be a big problem , try like what chopped39 suggest and get a bore scope and look around in the cylinders after you pressure test it for a while .

The motor is brand new, The heads where pressure tested at the shop. The oil is super clean.. and the car idles so smooth I didn't even think it was a 3.8 lol.. I'm going to pressure test the rad and pull some plugs to make sure.

Could also be that your fbody radiator is seeping where the plastic tank is crimped to the core while under pressure.