Weird 1-2 Surging

BigTurbo6

NOT 100% SURE THIS IS TRANNY RELATED BUT THAT'S MY GUESS. CAR RAN SMOOTH AS SILK ALL SUMMER, HAD A DECENT DAY AT THE TRACK.....NOW WHEN IM TRYING TO DRIVE SLOWLY THROUGH TOWN ITS LIKE IT SHIFTS GOOD INTO 2ND THEN IT PULLS A LITTLE AND THEN DROPS BACK INTO FIRST, REVS UP, AND SHIFTS INTO 2ND AGAIN. I'VE PLAYED WITH THE TV CABLE BUT IT DOESNT SEEM TO CHANGE THIS. UNDER FULL THROTTLE IT SHIFTS SMOOTH.

I am no transmission expert, but I've read where a solenoid can cause similiar problems and I think it's the TCC, but like I said I'm no expert on the matter. BTW my GN is in the shop having the tranny rebuilt as we speak......:eek: :D

ok i popped the wire off the solenoid and pulled the tv cable in and out a few times while it was off the throttle and drove it 20miles to work today. Car used to vibrate and stutter a little around 55mph and that was smotth as silk! This wasnt even what i was trying to fix. Car still revs a lil after it goes into first, but it gets back to pulling much faster than before, its a big improvement. Anyclue what's going on? Why does it still kinda revs up a bit after it goes into 2nd gear? What's going on with the torque converter now that the solenoid is unplugged?