WE4 Wiring/Head Light/Turn Signal Question

Bob Smith

I'm trying to help a friend with a wiring problem. When his headlingts are turned on, the turn signals are inoperable. Taillights and brake lights do work.

When headlights are turned off, turn signals work. Any ideas?

Parking lamps are crossed with the turn signal lamps.

Check the bulbs in each socket for the proper type and make sure the grounds are good.

87 gn

take a 12 volt test light nd see if there is power in the wiring on the switch on the neck of the steering wheel. then as the advise above states check out the lites and see if they are switched. You can also ground out the lite on your battery and turn on your lights and the lite will help you determine if the socket is getting power. You may also check the sockets, they rot out sometimes and the connection gets corroded. Just a thought, i'm no electrical genius but thought if you haven't tried these maybe they'll help. My exp. is with car audio so i do know wiring. Also website to bookmark is ( the12volt.com) has alot of data on color codes and where to find the wire. Just trying to be helpful but maybe doing this could help find the problem or atleast narrow them down.