WE4 vs S2000 on the top end

ncgreg231

www.turb0buickS.com
I'm cruising on the highway, and I can see him creeping up getting closer and closer. I drop to 3rd and lean into the throttle to keep him from passing me. I surge ahead a little and then let him catch up, and I do this a couple of times. We close up on some traffic ahead, and I slow down to give myself the chance to jam the brakes if anyone pulls out ahead of me. I'm in the left lane, the middle lane has some cars, and he jumps into the presently open right lane to go flying past everyone. So I let him get ahead, and pace him for a few seconds. He's about 5 cars ahead, and I go to WOT, and just start reeling him in. I pull past him and put about a length and let off. Seems like he just wants to stay in it and pulls ahead of me. I slow down for my exit. So then I see him tap his brakes. I wonder if he thinks he won - perhaps the way he might define it, he did? But it sure looks to me like a mostly stock WE4 pulls harder on the top end than an S200 though. I would think he would do all he could to keep me from pulling past him, but that's just me... Maybe he had some kind monster engine, that he let me catch up to him, and then showed me? I doubt it. He didn't pull on me at all until *I* lifted:D

Hey man, you ever been to the Kinston track or the Brewer's track? Me and some other turbo Buick guys head out there every chance we get. Mostly we take my car, but since i tore the tranny out yesterday it looks like we'll be taking one of their cars for a while.

Good smackdown! I caught one coming back from the Woodwaed Dream Cruise. And likewise, At around 70mph. me and the s2000 went at it and he lost. I could tell the driver was none too happy as he sped away after I shut down. The nerve, not even a thumbs up.:rolleyes:

race tracks

I haven't been to the track at all lately - just too busy doing other stuff. Benson is the only nearby track I've been to in the last four years. I went two months ago, but that was while I was visiting a friend in Knoxville, TN. OH yeah, was in Farmington in May or June for their show/race. In the eighth-mile, I'm running 9.9 & 10.1 @ 72mph (if I remember correctly). Isn't Kinston also eighth-mile? Never heard of Brewer's Track. At the first Jordan Lake picnic (jun2000) some of the Typhoon guys mentioned that Fayetteville has a quater-mile track - but haven't checked it out yet. If I was to choose, I'd go a little farther for quarter-mile. I'm not really quite as much of a gearhead as I was in my Navy days (93-97).

Saw another S2000, but decided against it today. This was like 25mph zone on UNC campus w/ college students jaywalking like it's going out of style. Besides, with that nut-breath that pulled out right in front of my T-type two weeks ago, I've really been erring on the side of caution since then.

I’ve beaten an S2000 in my area recently. We went from a 15 mph roll or so, and I put about 6+ cars on him by 70. Did I mention the “S” stands for SLOOOOOOOOOW!!:p

Good kill. I hate anything that says Honda on it.

Redline Club

I ran into one of your club members at Turbo Connection Racing and out a Gateway Int. Raceway. His name is Mike and he's got an 87 GN ( SWEET RIDE ) . I was wondering how the new turbo was coming along . Can you have him e-mail me at

brianverson@agtelco.com

Thanks Brian :)

Re: Redline Club

Originally posted by Brian Verson
I ran into one of your club members at Turbo Connection Racing and out a Gateway Int. Raceway. His name is Mike and he's got an 87 GN ( SWEET RIDE ) . I was wondering how the new turbo was coming along . Can you have him e-mail me at

brianverson@agtelco.com

Thanks Brian :)

Brian, sorry to tell you this, but that must have been a different Redline! I don’t have any club members fitting that description. Sorry…

Hey just got to reading this post. Sorry....

But just wanted to mention that tapping the brakes is like a sign of saying bye. I have had all guys flash headlights, blow horns, and wave in addition to tapping the brakes after a good run.