WE-4 Question

85TurboTtype

It's just a V6!!!!
Aren't WE-4's supposed to have aluminum drums and bumper supports? If so mine sure doesn't... Maybe someone took them off and replaced with some steels?? Would a carfax tell me that the car was a WE-4? Or would it just come up as TType?...Turbo Regal?

Thanks,

Matt

we4

I dont know about the bumper supports, but the peg legs were the ones with aluminum drums. Mine had both.

Sticker

Yes, I do have the sticker still under the deck lid, but couldnt that have been changed too? Maybe someone just got the decklid off of a front end totaled WE4? Will that sticker tell me what I need to know if it is the right one?

Thanks,

Matt

P.S.- Fill me in on Peg Legs please.....

If you have a posi rear (G80 option code) you probably won't have the aluminum drums.

The aluminum bumper supports were hit and miss - I have an aluminum front but steel rear.

If the code tag says WE4, it is a WE4 even if it isn't at this point.

Other than appearance and the option code, there is NO other way to ID a WE4

The VIN is on the UL-hand corner of the SERVICE PARTS IDENTIFICATION sticker. Does it agree with the VIN on the DS of the dash (visible through windshield)?

From what I have read over the years, some of them did come with the aluminum stuff, some didn't.

FWIW:
I inspected a documented WE-4 about a year ago that had neither aluminum brake drums nor either of the bumper supports.
A lot of '87 WE-4 "for sale" ads state the wording.......according to .......
the WE-45's had................

Check for codes J41 and VD6 and VD7.

Iron drums were found with posi. rear on WE4's and probably all the T's and base Regals as well.

Codes VD6 and 7 were for the aluminum bumper supports.

Verification??

Is there anything that REALLY tells you that your car is a WE-4? Is there a code in the VIN? Would a carfax tell you that it is a WE-4? How do you really really know?

Thanks,

Matt

P.S.- I do have VD6 and VD7..... I havent check the bumper supports though....just the drums....Also the VIN's do match...

the only place to verify the WE4 code is on the RPO tag on the decklid. The RPO tag should have WE4 on it, and the VIN# should match the vin on your dash. :)

Thanks Guys

Alright, I have it narrowed down that I do have aluminum bumper mounts, no aluminum drums because I do have posi, and most of all the car is for sure a WE-4 because the code is there on the deck lid!!!! I didn't know that the WE-4 option would be on that list. Thanks you guys for your help...!!!! And no strikeeagle I can't read!!! I have an little voice in my head that does that for me!!!:eek: :D .... Kidding!!!

Thanks,

Matt

Thanks

Thanks for your 2 cents salvage... Always love the wise cracks... No harm done.. I think its funny... I guess I was just a little off yesturday!!!! A little... HUH!!!;)