wcn updates

It was an awesome event!:D

Solid racing and track time as much as anyone could want over a 3 day period. Track prep was good all weekend as a few driveshafts, and other drivetrain components suffered and broke due to great traction!:eek:

In recent memory from many Buick events, this is the first time I did not hear about any complaints.:wink: Track accomodations and personnel were great and very accomodating to any of our needs. A large, reserved Buick pit area allowed us to keep every one close and in touch.

A few of the exceptional runs that I can remember - Jeff Rand and his TA motor 9.4's, Scott Wile and his yellow Toyota also ran his best at 9.4, Jason Cramer a 9.5 in his TSM car, Len Freeman 7.9 in the twin turbo GN. Maybe others will add their results.

I personally want to thank all the out-of-town participants for making the trip to join us [some w/o their car!] and helping the success of this get-together.:)

Also, want to thank the many sponsors for products and cash they donated. Hopefully Len will list them here to show their generosity which helped fund the event a provide extremely good payouts for the racers. In all classes run, the winners took home $400, while runner up got $200!:biggrin:

Thanks also goes to the many in our local Buick community for their help and support for the event. The race program was directed by Jan Moeller who did a great job of scheduling and organizing the race program, AND keeping the racers informed of when and where to be with their car.

Just hope we can continue, with the support of the Buick racers and enthusiasts in this region, to do this again next year.:smile:

It was an awesome event!:D

Solid racing and track time as much as anyone could want over a 3 day period. Track prep was good all weekend as a few driveshafts, and other drivetrain components suffered and broke due to great traction!:eek:

In recent memory from many Buick events, this is the first time I did not hear about any complaints.:wink: Track accomodations and personnel were great and very accomodating to any of our needs. A large, reserved Buick pit area allowed us to keep every one close and in touch.

A few of the exceptional runs that I can remember - Jeff Rand and his TA motor 9.4's, Scott Wile and his yellow Toyota also ran his best at 9.4, Jason Cramer a 9.5 in his TSM car, Len Freeman 7.9 in the twin turbo GN. Maybe others will add their results.

I personally want to thank all the out-of-town participants for making the trip to join us [some w/o their car!] and helping the success of this get-together.:)

Also, want to thank the many sponsors for products and cash they donated. Hopefully Len will list them here to show their generosity which helped fund the event a provide extremely good payouts for the racers. In all classes run, the winners took home $400, while runner up got $200!:biggrin:

Thanks also goes to the many in our local Buick community for their help and support for the event. The race program was directed by Jan Moeller who did a great job of scheduling and organizing the race program, AND keeping the racers informed of when and where to be with their car.

Just hope we can continue, with the support of the Buick racers and enthusiasts in this region, to do this again next year.:smile:

Thank you Nick, Jan, Len, Sponsors, Speedworld, everyone else behind the scenes, and especially Cal Hartline for the 5bar Map rescale that helped me achieve a personal best of 9.34@144. Not only was the track exceptionally prepped, but the staff was extremely accomodating and friendly. After this past weekend I envy you Arizona locals and will definately be back. I hate to say it but you've got Vegas beat! My vid- Video - Yellow Rice Rocket goes low 9's!

THANX AGAIN!

-scott wile

Hate I missed it! Just hard to get away this weekend. Oh well, maybe next year. Any word if it'll be in Phonix again, or moved back to LV?

Nick,
I too would like to thank everyone involved in organizing this event. The track and personnel were great. This track grew on me over the past few days. It has an old school atmosphere. In Vegas I felt we were just a number but at Speed World it was like being accepted into the family. It was very special to be part of the event. I think our group gave the fans a good show and something to talk about until our next visit (which I hope will be in the near future).
Jeff

Hate I missed it! Just hard to get away this weekend. Oh well, maybe next year. Any word if it'll be in Phonix again, or moved back to LV?

this is the reason i couldnt get there too .......i dont care where it is but i cant do it on a FAMILY reserved weekend.

Nick,

I wanted to give a big thumbs up to all the guys and gals that helped to make this event happen. I'd personally like to thank you and your wife, Len, Lisa, Dick Kerney and his wife, Jan Moeller and family, Jason and Cathy Cramer, and anyone else that was part of the team. The Speedworld folks were great and very accomodating. The track itself was well organized and really hooks too. I was able to cut a 1.40 sixty foot time when my previous best was 1.49 leading to a 10.27 E.T. on just the 4th pass on my stock block motor. :) You guy's really know how to put together a great event. I had a super time and we'll definately be back next year.

Thanks Again

Neal

Thanks to Everyone

I would personally like to thank everyone that attended the WCN this year in Phoenix. Without you we would not be able to have such a great event. The quality of cars and drivers was second to none and everyone showed that we can go fast with class.

Len Freeman and Family, I could not have done this without you, you guys are the best.

Nick thanks for showing me how to put on a great race, yes I have been paying attention in BG and Indy. :smile:

The Arizona Performance Buick group, you guys and gals are the best, thanks for all the support and for getting me hooked on this racing stuff.

All the people who drove to Phoenix to compete, Cali, New Mexico, Las Vegas, you are all great people and make putting on this event a pleasure.

The Speedworld Crew, man that track was hooking up, lots of personal bests and broken drive shafts to prove it.

See you all next year!!!

Thank you to everyone who attended the WCN. Fun was had by all. No race
is complete without some casualties. There was a little of everything, from
a broken driveshaft, broken u-joints, broken rocker arm, and even a wheel fell off.
Racing was fun, the Arizona weather was perfect, and payouts were great!
The lucky winners are as follows:
1st Place TSM - Dick Kereny 2nd Place TSM - Tim Freeman
1st Place 11.50 Index - Jan Moeller 2nd Place 11.50 Index - Jack Evers
1st Place Stage Block - Nick Micale 2nd Place Stage Block - Jeff Rand
1st Place Bracket - Scott Schaeffer 2nd Place Bracket - Tim Freeman
Congratulations to all of you.
Thank you to all of the sponsors. None of this is possible without you.
Art Carr, Arizona GN, Baer Brakes, Caspers Electronics, Brutal 6 Racing,
Gallina/Freeman Racing, Kirban Performance, Las Vegas Towel & Tissue,
Hartline Performance, Full Throttle Speed & Style, Phoenix Door Inc,
PrimeTime Performance, Performance Transmission, RJC Racing, SouthEast
Turbo, TA Performance, and Zimmerman Racing.
Thanks to our sponsors we had some great raffle prizes. Morgan Hayden made
out like a bandit. Jason Cramer won the Grand Prize, a 10 sec. transmission.
A special Thank You to Rick Elam of Baer Brakes for getting some hard to find parts for a couple of the racers.
Thank you to SpeedWorld. You are excellent hosts. See you next year.
Thank you Otto and Russ for coming out. You win the "Longest Distance Travelled" Award. It's great to have you guys here. Thank you for all of your help.
And finally, Thank you Jan! You did a great job and you were such a pleasure to work with.

It was a great time made even better today when a compression test proved negative, just needed a retorque.

I had a great time as well, Phoenix is AWESOME!!! BIG thanks to Dick and my mom Julie for babysittin me while I go to these events. Without them it wouldn't be possible for me. Great to see the west coast crowd, Len, Jess & Tim (nice job Tim nursing that car to a 2nd place finish), Lisa and mom,Nick & Terry (your a lucky guy Nick :)) Jan (nice job BTW) BIG Dan and his bad ass car (love that thing) Scott (all over the track) Atkinson, and where was Reaper again.......ELK hunting???WTF!!! Thanks for the ride to the airport JAMES!! Jason and Cathy (what a team) always great to see you two......Especially Cathy....Yeah duude!!;) I'm workin on your new wires now Jason. Cal (can I have your autograph)Holly Hartline, my main man Jake, and his sweetheart sister Leah (hope I spelled it right) nice meeting Neal S, and Jack E.We had a great time and flight home. I'm glad I don't have to spend another weekend with Otto till BG............FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!!! J/K!!:)

Happy holidays to all!!

Russ,

Nice to meet you too if only briefly. It was good to see Otto and Cal again and meet all the great folks at the event. I didn't know Scott Atkinson was there as I wanted to meet him. He and I have spoken on the phone once or twice and I'd like to put a face to the name. He was probably too busy racing anyway. ;) We need to do this again next year. I had a lot of fun. Driving there and back sucked but the racing more than made up for it. :D

Neal

Well.. I was just a spectator (seems as always).. :) but I had a great time as well.. I always look forward to the WCN and had a great time. Speedworld did a great job and nobody could complain about not getting enough runs. Also the track was well prep'd.... just look at the carnage. :)

It was great to be in the stands and see how many people were just shocked at how fast the Buick crowd was.. It was really neat seeing the reaction when they ran TSM finals at 7pm on Saturday. There were many new specatators as the night racing started, and I think many were amazed. TSM was impressive... the race between Dick and Jason made the event... it was AWESOME.

Scott's yellow toyota truck... flat out sick :)
Neal's drive from CA run a 10.20 and drive home... SICK :)

I was also able to see what I have always wanted.. Len's (Kenny D's) old car run... even bought an event pic of it doing a burn out :) (being framed now) :)

Thanks to everbody! AZ crew, RJC, Speedworld, Len (and gang) etc etc etc. great job to all!!

Thanks for putting on a great event!

Nick,
I too would like to thank everyone involved in organizing this event. The track and personnel were great. This track grew on me over the past few days. It has an old school atmosphere. In Vegas I felt we were just a number but at Speed World it was like being accepted into the family. It was very special to be part of the event. I think our group gave the fans a good show and something to talk about until our next visit (which I hope will be in the near future).
Jeff

Jeff, in the Spring we usually have a couple of Club Day events. Maybe we could expand one to a weekend and have a WCN "reunion"?

It would be a "just for fun" event, but maybe Len has a few tee shirts that he could sell to those that missed the main event.;)

Also, congrats on YOUR win in the Stage block class, and look forward to making you work harder next time!:biggrin:

i know i will show up if you guys have a WCN \"reunion\". Let us know nick. also did u get my email. i need a set of freeze plugs. can i get them from you or should i just get them from t/a performance?

Jeff, in the Spring we usually have a couple of Club Day events. Maybe we could expand one to a weekend and have a WCN "reunion"?

It would be a "just for fun" event, but maybe Len has a few tee shirts that he could sell to those that missed the main event.;)

Also, congrats on YOUR win in the Stage block class, and look forward to making you work harder next time!:biggrin:

The reunion in the spring is a great idea. I look forward to seeing and racing with you again.
Regards,
Jeff