wastegate solinoid

scottk

I dont run a wastegate solinoid do i still need the y between the wastegate and the compresor housing? Rite now just have the hose too solinoid plugged

Yes if you want the waste gate to work. Just run a straight hose from the compressor to the actuator, should be ok.

If you don't want to run a wategate solinoid remove the Y hoses and run a hose from turbo to a manual boost controller than to wastegate if you run just a hose with nothing between what is controlling the boost? A RJC manual controller is a good valve I have one on mine and works well.

Yes if you want the waste gate to work. Just run a straight hose from the compressor to the actuator, should be ok.

Running the hose from the compressor to the wastegate "tuner style" will usually give you lower boost, about 13 lbs.- unless you run a hd wastegate, then you will usually see about 17 #

Running the hose from the compressor to the wastegate "tuner style" will usually give you lower boost, about 13 lbs.- unless you run a hd wastegate, then you will usually see about 17 #

FWIW Mine had the hose ran from the compressor to the waste gate and the actuator was I'm pretty sure a stocker that someone threaded the end of the actuator rod...I was able to turn the boost up to about 22 or so. Then eventually I snipped the line in half, and added a manual RJC valve and backed down the wastegate and used the vale to reset the boost. :cool: :cool:

Great info for the new guys.... having the solenoid unplugged does not trigger the "check engine" light? or error codes?