Wastegate questions

boostedGP

Well, this is my first post here. So hopefully I'm in the right section. I have a 99 grand prix gt. Have had it about 7 years and been through all sorts of setups. Its got a stattama stage two turbo cam as well as many other mods, though not so much anymore as the blower is coming off and have a fairly new garrett turbo from a grand national that will be the new power adder. I am fabbing my own kit, because basically I don't have the three grand to spend on a turbo kit from a vendor, and I prefer doing things myself.

Here is my question. I will not be using the intenal wastegate mainly because mine did not come with one. I am having trouble trying to figure out where to put the wastegate in the setup. A lot of setups have it before the turbo inlet on other platforms. However after lots of looking and reading and looking at the aftermarket downpipes and it looks like you utilize the factory wastegate hole and run the external wastegate from there and dump it back into the downpipe. Basically I just need some direction so I can start buying remaining parts and finally have a turbo setup.

Sorry for the long post. Hopefully you guys can help me out. This is a great site with a lot of great information. Thanks in advance.

Also, if it would be easier I would not object to using the internal wastegate if someone could tell the needed parts or brackets.