Wastegate Location?

ALR53006

I am a newbie to the Buick GN's, and just needed to know the wastegate is located on a stock engine.

Thanks

The wastegate itself is on the exhaust side of the turbo inside the elbow leading to the downpipe. It's attached to an actuator whose arm runs under the turbo, and the actuator is bolted to the compressor side.

The wastegate itself is on the exhaust side of the turbo inside the elbow leading to the downpipe. It's attached to an actuator whose arm runs under the turbo, and the actuator is bolted to the compressor side.

Okay, so when I am instructed to "Disconnect The Wastegate" to see how my car drives without boost, what & where I am needing to disconnect to complete this task?

thanks

Okay, so when I am instructed to "Disconnect The Wastegate" to see how my car drives without boost, what & where I am needing to disconnect to complete this task?

thanks

The actuator arm I mentioned is connected to the wategate arm under the turbo (closest to the battery). If it's stock, there will be a small c-clip. Pop the c-clip off, and slide the arm off (may require a small tug toward the passenger side of the car, since the actuator is spring loaded). If the arm is adjustable, then the c-clip may have been replaced with an alligator clip or soemthing similar for easy removal.

After you slide off the actuator arm, then the arm for the wastegare should move freely, and the wastegate will remain open while driving.

That means to pull the actuator arm (straight brass rod coming from round actuator diaphragm that is bolted to compressor side of turbo) from the elbow (bend coming from exhaust side of turbo). They meant wastegate actuator, probably assuming you understood what they were talking about.

It (act. arm) is usually retained by a c-clip - a pair of needle nose should do the trick. Make sure your car is cooled down - it can be real HOT to the touch.