Wastegate Hose/Metered "T"

C

Cakes

I just purchased a new wastegate hose assembly since the previous owner replaced it in 1996 and it is showing some cracks and signs of wear. I have read a lot about how the metered "T" has too small of a hole and I wanted to know what it should be and how to I make it the right size. Also do all 3 parts need to be "opened" up? Thanks for your time!

There is an orifice inside the "Y" where is necks down to .050" on the correct "Y"'s.

A large 2" paper clip has .045" wire size. If you straighten one out and stick it in the orificie, it should pass through freely. If it doesn't, the orifice in your "Y" is too small.

If the new "Y" is bad, a 1996 "Y" should be a good one. Take the hoses off the new "Y" and put it on the old "Y".

wasteGate hose

Me and some of our club members bought a bunch of Y hoses and the orifice was too small, so i just drilled it out with a small drill bit, .042 . The small orifice that comes with it will let you have quick boost to 19lb with the wasteGate rod adjusted all the way out to the end. You can't lower the boost. The .042 bit will let you have adjustabilty back to a normal 16lbs....Or just swap hoses to the old you have........ alan :)