Washer Pump no worky!

DaySleeper

I've replaced the washer pump, the motor assembly, and the stalk (which needed it anyway). I've troubleshot it down to "repair circuit between switch and motor".

My question is, is it common for the switch itself to go out? The thing cost $160!

Delay or standard wipers?

If delay it could be the module on the front of the wiper motor.

They are delay wipers. However, the dark green wire going to the module that should be hot when you turn the switch isn't.

How does it operate and work besides the washer pump issue.

Do the wipers work on LO and HIGH and park normally?

Do they work properly with various Delay settings and Mist operation?

Yeah everything works but the washer pump. I checked the plug where the switch attaches and it is good too.

I'd first make sure the washer pump is good by putting 12 volts on it out of the wiper assembly on a bench and make sure it runs ok.

Second test would be a KEY OFF test using an ohm meter on the X1 scale.

Read between the dark green and the gray wires out at the plug under the hood while operating the washer switch.

Should read a short at that time and open circuit when the washer paddle is released.

That will test your switch assy.

OK I followed your instructions. I put 12 volts on the pump and it works. I left the key OFF and tested the dark green and grey wires and they were shorted when operating the washer and open when not. No fix unfortunately.

If you put the wipers on low speed so they are running and then move the washer paddle switch ON, do they spray?

They don't spray when they are in low or high. I also turned the switch and beat on the column and jiggled the wires where the switch connects and nothing. I'm thinking I buy a switch and slave it in and just operate it with the old stalk to see what happens!

Thanks for your help!