WANTED: Very High Quality Low Mile TTA (Look inside - Please Help)

PCS74

I am still looking for a TTA. I need help locating the right car. I have money in the bank.

At great expense I flew to PA this weekend to get one but I ended up not buying. After observing the car in person and taking a test drive, in my personal opinion the car was not as advertised.

Here is what I am looking for:

Typical leather t-top car. I would prefer a stock car but will consider slightly modified cars.

Outside appearance:

Paint must be near mint to mint
Interior must be mint
Underhood must be near mint to mint
Underbody must very clean with no body rust

Mechanical:

Must be mechanically perfect. No engine, trans or rearend problems. Must drive like new. Must idle and run smooth(as smooth as Buick V6 can).

Mileage:

I would prefer something in the mid/low teens to mid twenties. I am open to cars slightly outside this range if the condition and price is right.

Chris S

TTA in PA

Chris.... I know EXACTLY what you mean.. .. Back in February I Flew too to Newark then drove to Bethlehem, PA after carefull investigation of the car via the net .. I took a short flight from Sydney, Australia with a few days notice.. .. from hot weather to real cold..
.. BUT.. when I did see the car in person.. it was spot on.. and the couple selling it.. who had it for quiet a few years.. had looked after it extremely well, just on 50,000 miles .. probably better then described.
.. and the reluctant sellers.. Two finer Americans.. nicer genuine people you could never ask to met..
.. ended up driving the TTA to LA rather then trust the trucking company too..

... Keep looking.. you'll find a good one.. Good Luck.

TwoBryans just had a car on eBay and there have been a few extremely low mile ones up there lately.

"Mid-twenties" would get you close to those, although the one with <100 miles had a higher reserve.

For whatever reason the better cars that I've seen have been on eBay lately. Maybe it's because the TTA market has been down and that's the only place where "decent" money could be found(?)

Mark B,

Yes, I have seen alot of nice ultra-low mile cars. Most of those are a little to low-mileage for my blood.

I'm pretty sure I found the one. I'll know for sure in a couple weeks.

Thanks,

Chris S

Hope it works out for you! There are some good deals to be had out there....the hard part is finding them, then making sure it's as advertised and getting it home.

I wish I knew you 2 (PCS74, ozpont) were up this way looking, you could have looked at another one that is unofficially for sale. It will most likely be officially for sale next spring :(
Good luck..

I am still looking for a TTA. I need help locating the right car. I have money in the bank.

Hi Chris,

There's a guy on the Yahoo TTA mail list that is wanting to sell a 1100 mile car. He says it's been kept in a climate control garage. Here's his email - jcannarsa1@aol.com
Happy hunting!

I have Turbo TA in fantastic condition with only 8,200 miles. The car is located in Las Vegas, NV. I have some performance mods and the car was completely gone through by a Pontiac mechanic. It has new front brakes, new plugs, new fuel pump, new 50 lb. injectors, TH downpipe, exhaust, coolant flushed, differential serviced, chip, k&n, fuel pressure regulator, ta-49 turbo, etc.. The price is $24,000.

Jeff