WANTED: NOS GM in box Hood Ornament 3.8 Litre Turbo

87LimitedV8

Always in the market for one of these, seems like every time one comes up I narrowly miss it. Would like to have one. NOS Turbo 3.8 Litre Original GM (NOT REPRODUCTION) in the box Chrome Hood Ornament. I'm unsure of the actual part number, but it must have the correct base for the 86-87 Regal (Not the squared off base found on the 78-80 Cars) Let me know if you have one you might want to sell!

I think you mean the header panel emblem since the item you are describing does not go on the hood.

Just like the first hood ornaments were actually radiator caps and served a purpose/ function, it's still a hood ornament; regardless of the actual location. Also, the correct base you're looking for is the arrowhead base, that's pointed in the front. I've got a good spare hood ornament, base, and original mounting hardware that I'd be willing to part with. Not NOS, but if you can't find another, let me know. If you search the forums, there's some good threads on how to clean and restore hood ornaments. This one'll clean-up nicely.

Attachments

• 1444868651825.jpg
    1444868651825.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 59
  • 1444868675444.jpg
    1444868675444.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Rodruckas thanks for the response, and for the offer. That looks like it's in nice shape. I actually have a used one as well that I picked up a few years ago. I have more a less collection (obsession? Lol) for NOS 80's GM emblems. Mostly Buick and Cadillac. But I have a complete 87 Regal Turbo T nos emblem set that I've put together. I just need that boxed ornament. I know it's a weird thing to collect. It started out with a few Grand National emblems and then got out of control haha.

I have one NOS in the box hood ornament for the 87 T-type. Clear plastic over tri-shield has yellowed a little....don't know why....been in perfect all this time.

LMK if interested.

Peace WildBill

I have one NOS in the box hood ornament for the 87 T-type. Clear plastic over tri-shield has yellowed a little....don't know why....been in perfect all this time.

LMK if interested.

Peace WildBill
Wild Bill thanks for offering me your part. If it has yellowed a little I'd probably pass right now. Sorry I collect this kind of stuff like a normal person collects baseball cards or comic books lol. I'm sure yours is still great and worth a lot, but I'm gonna pass. I appreciate your honesty, Bryan