wanted"low mile GTA 20th aniv"

Its not a GTA. Don't ever call it that again :D

You won't have a problem with what you want to spend.

I'll forward it to the TTA list for you.

What are you exactly looking for?

sorry for gta ...

sorry for the gta ...i meant to say tta...anyway im looking for something with low miles all stock... maybe a few tastefull mods are ok...

I have a TTA with 7500 miles that has been garage kept since I have owned it in '97. I have a few mods that can be easily reversed back to stock. The stock tires are on the factory wheels and they have never been unmounted. I also have the factory exhaust with the factory muffler and stainless tips. Let me know what you want to do. I am near Richmond, VA.

Stephen

Like I said...everything on the car is a bolt on and everything on the car suspension wise is 1989 original. Many of the things I have changed make it a much more enjoyable car to drive. If I sell the car I will put many of the original parts back on but I have everything to make the car 100% stock if need be (down to the coffee canister factory air cleaner). I have all the sales brochures, the original window sticker, a TTA jacket and assorted other parts. I may be able to dig up some other pics as the one on the website is the only one I can readily find at this point.

http://www.angelfire.com/va/turbota/

The pic doesnt show much but I can vouch for the car's condition,at least when I saw it in Bristol 2000.Excellent car.

Stephen,just curious why do you want to sell it?

Steve

Oh...hey Steve. I am selling because I recently purchased a 2002 Z06 Corvette and I don't have room for two toys. My budget doesn't have room actually. I will be sad to see it go.

steve s. ole bud-
i hate to see you sell your car man.. i can see how tempting the 2002 z06 can be and i know you arent going to modify it either!

vinbags44 this tta is very very nice.. ive seen it at bowling green and in bristol,.. it looks brand new!
email me sometime steve
later bryan

That TTA is Real Nice!

I can also attest that Stephen's TTA is very nice! I've seen it a bunch of times and Stephen really takes good care of this car. If ya want a nice one, look no further. I want to find out about the Z06- how do ya like it?? Thinking about selling my GN and getting one some year... :)
Later,
Jeff

car is t-top/leather

My car is t-top and leather and I want something in the range that the first post said 15,000-18,000 depending upon what mods go with it. I can bring the car to factory stock if I need to. I love the Z06 so far and it is really incredible for a factory vehicle. It just isn't the same as the turbo cars(which I really love). The power comes on pretty strong and it pulls all the way to the 6500 redline. Supposedly the car will run 12.4@116 bone stock and many guys on Z06vette.com have proven it. Some guys have run 11.99 with drag radials as the only mod. Jeff...you won't regret the purchase if you get a Z06. The car handles like a dream and the ride manners are not harsh at all. The car feels as comfortable as my Tahoe on a long trip. Vinbags....let me know if you want to take a look at my car or make an offer. I hate to let the TTA go but my garage is a little too crowded with two toys.

Stephen

Build a Bigger garage :) You know the TTA is your dream car :p

I have seen Steves car also, Its very sharp! If your looking for a TTA and don't buy his then you dont really want one. :p

well if u have to sell a toy sell the vette they are a dime a dozen not like a tta

george

You know, I went the cheap route and found a low miles one for $3500, if you can do a little work yourself you can do it to. I mean mine will never be "perfect" but I like it that way. I dont have to feel bad about mods or what not.
Though I have to say the z06 is an awesome car, but I dont know how everyone else feels, but for me the TTA has been my dream car since it was made in 89. I remeber I fell in love with F-bodies in 85 when my stepfather bought an 85 Black and Gold Z28 then in 87 my brother got a 68 Camaro and restored it. Ever since then I loved the F-body, but Knight Rider and Smokey and The bandit were so much cooler because they drove T/As. So I fell really hard for the T/As of all years. Then in 89 OMG the greatest car in the world was built. A grand National in a Tran Am packaging. I thought I would never be able to get my hands on one. Now I have and I wouldn't trade it for any new car. Even a Z06, well maybe a Lamborghini or something, but nothing "normal" that I see on the road everyday. Not that I see Z06s everyday, but I see a few of them.
Anyways My point is I think the TTA is the greatest car in the world for many reasons and I couldnt imagine having to sell mine for anything
just my $.02

Sign me up............

You can sign me up for a low mileage TTA for $3500!! Was there anything wrong with it? Does the guy you bought it from have any others he wants to get rid of? Seems to be about 1/3 the price they usually sell for with that mileage! Congratulations.

Great job! Where did you look to find that car? Kind of what I am looking for as a project. I would prefer more of a high mileage neglected vehicle as opposed to the salvage/accident type. Any tips/leads would be appreciated. Thanks.

Well as far as leads go I heard that there is one here in Ohio in a junk yard, but I never looked into it once I got mine.

There is a long story behind mine.

The guy I bought it off of bought it in its wrecked condition in 94, and had some body work done to it and the paint sprayed.
Well that was about it and it sat for 2 years with out even being started.
He started up his own business and decided he needed to sell it and buy a newer work truck and couldnt afford to finish it. So he told a few people. His dad told a guy who told a guy who told a guy on my brothers adult tennis team.
this man was looking for a sporty car for his son that wasnt too fast so he though a V6 Firebird Trans Am would be good. So he went and look at it and though he and his son would rebuild it and have a nice car. Though he asked my brother about it, my brother currently finishing up a 89 RS with a 350 Vortec and a host of other suspension and interior mods such a Leather seats from a 98SS, who tends to be the resident car expert in the area.
My brother proceded to tell him to be careful because it wasnt a Trans Am if it was a V6 and not to pay too much.
Then he thought for a sec and aske dhim whatyear it was. He replied it was an 89. Then he said are you sure its a v6, answered yes and I believe its actually a GTA and not a Trans Am.
Well my brother craped his pants and explained to this guy how fast the car would be when they got it put together. The guy actually believed him about the V6 and decided he wouldnt get the car.
That night my brother called me and tld me about it.
So I spent the next few days tracking this guy down thru many phone calls to many people, but I found him and told him I was interested, but I would make an offer after I saw the car.
I wanted to inspect the frame. I though if its ben I could pick up the car and use the Engine/ tranny in my 86 and sell the parts and come out ahead.
When I saw the car I saw they had done a great job and aksed "How much do you have ot have?" He said $3500. I tried my dmanest not to laugh at him and colly offered $3000 to which he said $3500 no less.
At that point I decided to sell my 86 that had a crap load of mods on it, including a 350 and buil 700R4, and wrote him a check for $500 to hold it for a month.
I later borrowed the $3000 more from my GF's grandma and he delivered it to my house a few days later.
Then I sold my 86 within the next week to one of my brothers friends from work for a heart breaking $3500. I mean I had that much in the mods and atlest $2500 in the stereo, but I didnt have room for both or money to pay insurace on the 86 while fixing the 89.
I have kept a close eye on cost and to this point I have $4000 total invested in it as you see it and including a full tune up.
I will probably have to spend another $500 or so and it will be finished.
$4500 for a TTA with 43000 miles. I am happy to have my dream car so young and so cheap!
All great cars have a story!

Nice looking car Kyle,looks like you scored with it.

I have a similar story with my first TTA-bought as a stolen recovery with 23,388 miles it was missing mostly TTA specific stuff like seats and intercooler but only cost me $5200.After probrobly $1500 bucks I had it running and racing,went to Bristol 2000 with it,ran 11's with it.What a car-then with just over 28K miles sold it for $11,200 to my friend Tom(Rogue Leader)

But it's all good-still got two of em and possibly one more on the way :D

Steve