WANTED: 86/87 Turbo car near Fort Wayne, IN - no rust and cheap?

FormulaZR

Hey guys...I'm a turbo Buick idiot, but I have drooled over these cars for most of my life now. This will be my first turbo Buick, and I'm not sure if it's gonna be a "forever" thing; so I'm hoping to start with a cheaper car. Doesn't have to be a GN; but please NO WHITE cars. I drive a white company truck and don't want to look at white on my personal time.

I am not interested in cars that have rust. I work construction on the road and do not have time/energy to find a body shop for that kind of work.

Like I said, I am new to these cars...but I am still pretty sure I want an 86 or 87...or at least a car with the 86 or 87 engine.

I haven't 100% decided to get a turbo Buick, but I know if I do I won't spend over $10k. I do, however have cash and if the price and car are right I will not waste your time! I will travel a reasonable distance for the right car.

Thanks!

good luck, look around and you should be able to find something in that range but don't expect it to be modded a lot or such. These cars run into BIG money fast if you start modding them. Bought mine for 6500 years ago and have about 22,000 in it now but there isn't much on the street that will try me here. Daniel

Yeah, I realize that. These cars are potentially a new endeavor for me. But, it won't be the first fast vehicle I've had...

These cars seem to be big $$$ to get them in the 9's reliably...that's why I'm not sure if they are for me and want to get into one cheap enough that I can put an FI or N20 LSx into it if the V6 thing doesn't work out...

Near Fort Wayne, huh? I'm just down the road to the south a few minutes. Will let you know if I see anything...

<edit>
I usually pick up one of these on Thursday afternoon at the gas station. http://www.auto-rv.com They list some from time to time. Looks like an '84 in there now.

I would probably be willing to pay more money for 10-mid 11 second cars. Not cars that *should* be that fast, only cars that have a timeslip to back it up.

87 buick t type - 49,500 miles - car has some mods & needs some work
little rust on inside of doors
asking 10,500 obo located near ohare in il
pm me if interested