Want to Upgrade Turbo!!!!

Gnat352

Hey,
Looking to upgrade my turbo....I have a 9 inch Art Car 3000 stall NLU converter. I have all the mods to support a bigger turbo but need to know what is the biggest I can run with this converter??? My current turbo is a TE-60, but was looking for something that pulls a bit harder like maybe a TE45 or something. I race this car and do not drive it on the street much so a bit of lag does not bother me.

-Joe

I have the same question for me, except I'm 100% street. I got my current turbo 300 miles ago and want more in terms of power. Any suggestions?

Not looking to drop $1300 for a ball bearing setup...lol....but would a TE45 be a dog with my converter????

Not looking to drop $1300 for a ball bearing setup...lol....but would a TE45 be a dog with my converter????

I have a Pro Torque 3000 9.5" in my car and a TE54A and off the line I needed more stall, on the street it was not too bad after I got an RJC Hybrid Boot Controller. This helped spool up time a lot, I never tried it from a stop after getting that controller though. I just went with a CPT66BB Turbo, I hope it spools better than the TE45A did. Just got it today, I'll put it in in a week or two and find out how it spools. :)

The TE45a is a 66mm turbo.....the TE45 is a 63 MM turbo....So i am guessing the TE45 should not be to bad off the line......:cool: ...and I have a RJC controller as well

The TE45a is a 66mm turbo.....the TE45 is a 63 MM turbo....So i am guessing the TE45 should not be to bad off the line......:cool: ...and I have a RJC controller as well
BB 6776 would spool perfect with your set up or TE63/45 if you looking for $ savings....well .. it happens I got both of these for sale in like NEW condition , BB GT6776 RS /with surge cover 2.5 " out /4 " in (AR.70 )for $1050 , or TE 63 jurnal with 4 " in and 3" out (.85 AR exhaust ) cover for $750 to your door , and other things ,let me know if interested :wink:

Would the TE63 spool slow with a 3K converter???? I heard people say they run a 3400 or 3500 stall with one....:smile:

Would the TE63 spool slow with a 3K converter???? I heard people say they run a 3400 or 3500 stall with one....:smile:

I think we have same converter and for me TE63 spooled like nuts , to the point I was building boost almost every shift in normal street driving but look at my trans / rear end in my sign. ? before that I used build 200R4 with BB GT6776 RS with 10 " PTC lockup 3200 stall converter and it was perferct , you say you have None lock up , it helps spool up big time !