Want to raise car

eagleguy

I am looking to raise the front and rear suspension at least 1" on my 86 T Type. My car when alongside others seems to be that amount lower with the OEM tires. Any recommendations as to spring make and part number for the front, rear. Is there another way to accomplish the same thing?

Attachments

• T Type exhaust photos 001.JPG
    T Type exhaust photos 001.JPG
    4.9 MB · Views: 234
  • T Type exhaust photos 002.JPG
    T Type exhaust photos 002.JPG
    4.9 MB · Views: 211
OK I am ready to get beat up here. Are you talking about the bottom of metal portion under the door (door sill on top) that wraps into the pinch weld? If so I get 8 5/8 up front and 8 3/4 at the rear of the door.

OK. From the bottom of the pinch weld to the floor both front and rear measure 8.25". As this is less than the 9" referred to, both front and rear are equal and the car has less than 30K I am wondering if it may have been lowered at one time. What height might I expect out of new springs. I already have new Bilstein shocks. Any recommendation as to make and model springs?

Last edited:
Lots choices for spring types and brands. I see there is regular vs variable for the rear and different spring rates for all. Where can I get the info on what is really OEM as that is what I really want unless the variable in the rear is a benefit?

Last edited:
I am looking at MOOG 5606 springs for the front and MOOG CC627 variables for the rear. Would these be a good choice?

Measure the height of the bottom of the body where the door seams are. If under 9" just replace the springs with stock ones.
Hi Charlie, The Measurement of the height of the bottom of the body where the door seams is base on stock rims and tires?

As an example, my car is at 11 and 7/8ths using Charlie's reference point, however, I'm running 295/55/15's out back.

I also have black wheel well trim that adds to the ride height deception.

I'm not real happy with ride height, I think it's way to high and I am working on it....... but she will hook in a car wash if I don't get to crazy on the accelerator........ Something to be considered when that knot headed Corvette owner gives you the stink eye at an intersection.........:D

Attachments

• 193.JPG
    193.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 151
Last edited:
OK. From the bottom of the pinch weld to the floor both front and rear measure 8.25". As this is less than the 9" referred to, both front and rear are equal and the car has less than 30K I am wondering if it may have been lowered at one time. What height might I expect out of new springs. I already have new Bilstein shocks. Any recommendation as to make and model springs?

I thought I saw a set of springs (4) listed as HD stock replacement on Kirban's website, but I can't find it now, just front and rear pairs.
Maybe you have already checked these out.

I was under the impression the 86's sat lower than the 87's to begin with.