Want to go stroker...

Hello Everyone,

I am new here although always been a fan of the GN. Anyway I picked up an 87 GN for myself for Christmas and just love it. I am looking to do a killer stroker engine for it. I have been looking at the Scat kits and the Weber Kits. So the question is: Anyone have any good or bad experience with a " Stroker " kit(s)? In addition what time of number are they making? longevity. I have no real plans to campaign the car at the tracks. Although I personally believe in extremes.

Any thoughts you could share would be a great help.

Create a new checking account, deposit $25K and then write checks upgrading the GN until they bounce, then stop, otherwise it will never end;)

Depending on your location, there my be a builder local to you, I think the north east uses RPE, DLS in the midwest, etc etc. Search around there are only a handful of qualified builders for a long lasting 109 block.

To leverage its capability, I'd say your budget should be around $25K or more to play it safe. No sense in building an all out 109 if you don't upgrade everything else to crank up the boost and not blow it up. It's all the little things that add up. Fuel system, ECM, trans, etc, etc... Don Cruz built my 109 DLS stroker. His username is III'S 87 GN, and I assume his record holding 8 sec TSM motor is a stroker.

Too funny! I totally understand that premiss. Having come over form viper racing and watching massive money fly out the window on a wild TT Two Stage NOS / Propane meth injected stoker V10. I get it.

i just wanted to build something sweet that I cool tool around in. Not wishing to set any records...

At least it appears part are available for the GN. Cannot even get two rotors for a viper! " Sorry we only have one in stock, 10 week ship time for the other one. " Viper parts must come from North Korea.

If you jsut want smoething to "tool around in"

Assuming your current eng. is sound. Why not rebuild it with new seals, rings bearings and maybe fordged pistons. Heads, turbo, injs, frount mount and exhaust work will surprise you @ the amount of power they will make. Oh, you'll need a GOOD trans and 3000 stall convertor. Adds up quick.

Too funny! I totally understand that premiss. Having come over form viper racing and watching massive money fly out the window on a wild TT Two Stage NOS / Propane meth injected stoker V10. I get it.

Your car? If so pics and details please :D